Panzer III Elevation Limit switches

Forum for discussion relating to the Panzer III/StuG III
LesBernell
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 34 times

Panzer III Elevation Limit switches

Post by LesBernell »

I'm working on installing the Elevation Components for my Panzer III.
I don't see anything that limits the upward and downward movement of the Barrel.
When the leadscrew Nut hits the end of travel, it bottoms out on the Elevation Slide.
Doesn't this stress the motor?

Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1708 times

Re: Panzer III Elevation Limit switches

Post by Vince Cutajar »

I had the same question when I was doing my 2017 Tiger 1 and did not see the usual limit switches in the elevation wiring loom. Have a look here bottom of the page:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6937&p=66171&hilit= ... tor#p66171

With the new red electronic boxes this thermistor could still be visible in the wiring loom or have been incorporated as part of the elevation output and so not visible in the wiring loom.

Vince

LesBernell

Post by LesBernell »

Vince Cutajar wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:58 am
I had the same question when I was doing my 2017 Tiger 1 and did not see the usual limit switches in the elevation wiring loom. Have a look here bottom of the page:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6937&p=66171&hilit= ... tor#p66171

With the new red electronic boxes this thermistor could still be visible in the wiring loom or have been incorporated as part of the elevation output and so not visible in the wiring loom.

Vince
Thank you. I appreciate the response. I was afraid to try it without knowing how the motor is protected.

LesBernell

Post by LesBernell »

I tested the Barrel Elevation today.
It works perfectly.
When the leadscrew hits the end of travel it automagically stops.
I was also worried how the throttle stick would act because it's usually one direction: forward for faster, pull back for slower.
When put in the center, the stick functioned: forward for barrel up, and pull back and the motor reverses for barrel down.
I'm impressed with the technology that Armortek has incorporated into the model.

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

With working in the electronics industry, it does not look like a PTC or NTC but rather a poly-switch. An electronic self-resetting circuit-breaker, it will "trip" when the current is exceeded but reset and allow current to flow again once the fault condition is removed.
A PTC or NTC is used on a sensor line to determine temperature and the microcontroller according to its programming will determine what results.
Either in a supply line makes no sense whatsovever.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1196 times
Been liked: 1382 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module