Elefant electronics

Forum for discussion relating to the Elefant
Chang
Has liked: 14984 times
Been liked: 372 times

Re: Elefant electronics

Post by Chang »

So far, I have painted the Elefant in sand yellow, installed two drive motors vertically, and locked two spare track links on the front armour. More of bench test are carried out yet un-satisfied:

The gun elevation servo became no-responded and so replaced a new 20kg-cm one. Luckily the size is the same as QZ501.
20 kg-cm servo.jpg
The drive motors are still self-started, un-controllable. I have tried the FUTABA T6EXHP 6 CHANNEL TRANSMITTER & FP-R138DF R/X. The two motors are separately controllable. But because there is no 3-step toggle switch on it, it was unable to control the sound effect.

To make it worse, the sound effects are now totally non-responded. Replacement of the white-red-black signal lead make no difference.....

Why me :?: :?: :?: :(
------------------------------------------------------------------
Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.....

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Hi Chang,
Maybe some of the changes you have made to the transmitter settings are what are confusing things. As your transmitter is capable of storing different models, I suggest you switch to an unused model slot so you are starting afresh with the default settings, re-bind to the receiver and then follow the guides on this forum to set-up for fail-safe and one-stick operation.

Chang

Post by Chang »

Hi Mark,
Thank you for the advice.
I have set all channels of TX to the DEFAULT values. Two drive motors are still self-started and un-controllable.

One possible issue could be the TX system I used is T-FHSS , which said in the Motion Control Module manual does NOT working with this model. Only slight different S-FHSS receiver does.

Review the two words again. Both are for Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum systems. What still confused me are these two pre-fix:

T-FHSS : What is the T stand for? "Telemetry"?
S-FHSS : What is the S stand for? "S-Bus" or "high Speed receiver"?

Why can't the T-FHSS do the job?

Why?.............. :?

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1386 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

> Why can't the T-FHSS do the job?

With the advent of drones and helicopters, RC transmitters have needed to provide the receivers with signal updates faster than with planes, as they are more unstable and need to be able to respond faster. These newer protocols run too quickly for the electronics in the Motion Control Module to be able to keep up, so it just sees jumble of random signals.

For those who remember serial cable links, it's like plugging a 57,600 baud computer into a 9600 baud terminal - you may get some characters on the screen, but they'll be completely random.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Chang wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:38 pm

One possible issue could be the TX system I used is T-FHSS , which said in the Motion Control Module manual does NOT working with this model. Only slight different S-FHSS receiver does.

Review the two words again. Both are for Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum systems. What still confused me are these two pre-fix:

T-FHSS : What is the T stand for? "Telemetry"?
S-FHSS : What is the S stand for? "S-Bus" or "high Speed receiver"?

Why can't the T-FHSS do the job?

Why?.............. :?
I think Adrian Harris nailed it on the head. Your T-FHSS capable transmitter can talk to a T-FHSS receiver and is also capable of talking to a S-FHSS receiver. The S-FHSS receiver can MAYBE talk properly to the Armortek components, the T-FHSS receiver apparently cannot.
You may want to go with a different TX/RX combination. On my first ever foray into the RC world, I was able to set up a brand new Spektrum DX7 with AR8000 receiver using the guides on this forum to successfully benchtest all the motors on my KT kit ( bought second hand so the Armortek modules are quite a few years old ) with no problems experienced. Later transferred the AR8000 into a second-hand SdKfz 7 and within 5 minutes of adjusting the settings on the DX7, that was running as it should with one-stick control.

Go for a TX/RX combination that is known to work.

Chang

Post by Chang »

Thanks Adrian and Mark,
Your advices are giving me some lights. I am going to replace a RS2008SB S-FHSS receiver, and reset the T10J transmitter from current T-FHSS to S-FHSS , before doing bench test again.

With regards, :D
Lerh Chang

Pete Nash
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Pete Nash »

Hi Chang

A silly question, it may be basic but are you switching on and off in the right order, I had this problem with a model boat.

transmitter ON, model power ON , Model Power OFF, Transmitter OFF

Pete

Chang

Post by Chang »

If anyone think this is a silly question, don't bother to say a silly word.

transmitter ON, model power ON ; Model Power OFF, Transmitter OFF

Who doesn't know this rule?

Chang

Post by Chang »

Mark Heaps wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:14 pm

I think Adrian Harris nailed it on the head. Your T-FHSS capable transmitter can talk to a T-FHSS receiver and is also capable of talking to a S-FHSS receiver. The S-FHSS receiver can MAYBE talk properly to the Armortek components, the T-FHSS receiver apparently cannot.
You may want to go with a different TX/RX combination. On my first ever foray into the RC world, I was able to set up a brand new Spektrum DX7 with AR8000 receiver using the guides on this forum to successfully benchtest all the motors on my KT kit ( bought second hand so the Armortek modules are quite a few years old ) with no problems experienced. Later transferred the AR8000 into a second-hand SdKfz 7 and within 5 minutes of adjusting the settings on the DX7, that was running as it should with one-stick control.

Go for a TX/RX combination that is known to work.
Hi Mark and Adrian,
I have received a brand new RS-2008SB S-FHSS receiver yesterday.
R-2008SB.jpg
R-2008SB.jpg (21.11 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
So I did
1), Replace the RS-3008SB T-FHSS receiver with RS-2008SB S-FHSS receiver, and
2), Change the RX mode from T-FHSS to S-FHSS in T10J transmitter, then
3), Try to link the T10J transmitter with RS-2008SB S-FHSS receiver as per the link procedure.

The outcome? Still no good. :(
(a), The Receiver became LED blinks Green, instead of steady Green.
(b), The Link ID is not showing the Receiver number, only the bar character "— — — — — — — — —— —".

The T10J/RS-3008SB Manual does saying that by switching into S-FHSS mode, it is compatible with the RS-2008SB FHSS receiver.

Is there anything I've been missed? Any suggestion is welcome.

Chang

Post by Chang »

Ha Ha,

The TX/RX link issue has been fixed. :mrgreen:

The link procedure of T10J/RS-3008SB manual said, by switching to S-FHSS mode, the link can't be done by pressing the JOG button on TX. That is why the RS-2008SB was on LED blinks Green .

The leaflet of RS-2008SB S-FHSS RX also said to link it with S-FHSS TX, by pressing the little LINK button 2 seconds.
R-2008SB.jpg
R-2008SB.jpg (37.87 KiB) Viewed 6060 times
After that, the the RS-2008SB S-FHSS RX became LED steady Green. ie, the link is completed!!! :D

So far, the "NO SOUND EFFECT" and "Track Channels MIXING" issues are still there, but the Elefant is in running order now! :D

With regards,
Lerh Chang

David Crooks

Post by David Crooks »

i switched my elefant motion control module on today after wiring up as prescribed in the manual and after binding the transmitter and reciever, however when i tried to run the motors using the joysticks there was a flash and a bang on the MCM and one part caught fire .
Can anyone tell me what i did wrong and is it terminal?
The MCM still switches on :(

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1386 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

If it's still wired up then you could take photos and post them here.

A flash and a bang might be a fuse blowing but if there was fire involved it sounds terminal.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module