Quad, Mick, for the use of.

Forum for discussion relating to the Morris Quad
John Clarke
Been liked: 1622 times

Re: Quad, Mick, for the use of.

Post by John Clarke »

Hi Mick

Great job, Just trying to build up some enthusiasm to get started again after a break.

Forget the weathering, get the old girl in the fields, write a road test and get some real mud on her, a little grime, a few scratches and an odd ding.

Too many shelf queens out there for my liking :lol: .

Oh and remember use the legs and keep a straight back when lifting, Try not twist and make sure you get help if using the stairs.

It may look small and light, but mine's tried to cripple me already and I'm only at the basic shell stage.
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by michael hilton »

Hello John, you must be reading my mind....earlier I cleared the decks ready to run the 'Quad' outdoors, threw the curtains back, you guessed it, it's 'ommering down. That lovely BBC weather girl Carol is forecasting worse to come.... :roll:
You are correct regarding the weight, should leave it's mark in the carpet. I have a motorcycle lift to raise and lower the Quad to the floor.
Looking forward to seeing the complete package, Quad, 25PDR, and Limber. I only built the Quad.....best wishes,....Mick
Attachments
IMG_0801.JPG
IMG_0800.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

On the deck...safe and sound. I am always wary when lowering these models from building board to the ground. I recall my Jagdpanther slipping of the lift table two years ago.....squeaky bum time :) As soon as the weather picks up, then it's outside for some running.... 8) ....Mick
Attachments
IMG_0802.JPG

Martin Taylor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Martin Taylor »

Mike, in seeking "best practice" for routing and tidying the wiring for the motion control and audio modules I have noticed in a photo you put on p7 (?)of this thread what appear to be adapters for the spade connectors which enable the cables to be placed at right angles to the module spade connectors. This shows the cables emerging parallel to the face of the modules not jutting out thus creating some much needed space.
Unfortunately I cannot work out from the picture what connectors you have used to achieve this. Web searches have only suggested "piggyback connectors" but these don't achieve the desired 90 degree shift.
Can you shed some light on this minor but potentially very helpful solution??
Thanks
Martin

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1182 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

In the absence of an answer from Mick, it looks to me like he's enlarged the hole in a standard 1/4" spade connector like these:
s-l500.jpg
and just bolted them at 90 degrees to the spade connectors which stick out from the Motion Control Module.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Kevin Hunter
Has liked: 590 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by Kevin Hunter »

Martin, Adrian
That does seem to be the case and is certainly one solution.
A number of places do sell right-angled / L shaped spade connectors which would also work.
Check out Amazon UK, Maplin, RS online and such like.
Regards
Kevin

Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Thanks to both! I had just about reached the larger hole in the spade solution when my local Maplins finally admitted to having L shaped spade connectors having previously denied they existed! Am awaiting delivery.
Thanks again
Martin

chris fry
Been liked: 217 times

Post by chris fry »

hello all,
PTDC0156.JPG
found these on ebay, simple search of 90 degree spade connectors was all it took, bit fiddly to crimp as you cant slide the sleeve back to crimp/solder them and there isn't a crimp tool to do the job neatly, if you get let down let me know,
cheers, chris.

Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

I made the mistake of searching for right angle connectors which was less helpful! :?

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Martin, sorry completely missed your post. I simply drilled a larger hole in a standard spade connector and turned the connector 'upright'.....Mick

Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

No need to apologise! It was such an embarrassingly simple query with an inevitably simple solution! Thank goodness the Forum has such helpful and patient experts to advise those of us with declining mental capacity!. :)