TankFest 2018 - Joining Instructions

Forum for discussion and arrangements of meetings
Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3059 times

TankFest 2018 - Joining Instructions

Post by Armortek »

Header.jpg
TankFest 2018 takes place between Fri 29th June and Sun 1st July at the Tank Museum Bovington. Setting up will be on Thu 28th June. Welcome on behalf of Monique and Kian. We have 36 registered customers to attend, with 57 models over the three days. This year, the Museum has addressed overcrowding by limiting the number of tickets on each day but extending over three full days. The overall space available is reduced by the new Vehicle Workshop. We will be located on the main car park.

Armortek Display

The Armortek Team will be bringing the FAMO prototype and a selection of models. We will be constructing a running area with some exciting features to test driving skills and demonstrate armour tactics. You certainly won’t miss the Armortek tents, in the Company colours.

Passes

Monique has sent out your car pass and wristband. Please display both. If you need additional wristbands or car passes, we may be able to get them but they will not be free.

Timings

Please note the timings for arrival and departure. There will be no vehicle access to the site during public opening hours (0900-1800).

Wed 27th.
1000-1600 for arrivals and registration, camping available. Armortek will not be on site.
Thu 28th.
1000-1600 for arrivals, registration and setup. Armortek will be onsite from midday onwards.
Fri 29th.
0630-0730 for arrivals and registration. There will be no access after 0730.
0800 Preparation complete
0900-1800 Open to public. No vehicle movement.
1830 onwards. Departures
Sat 30th/Sun 1st
As for Fri 29thh

Armortek Display Area

This year Armortek will be on the main car park, which has been completely resurfaced.
car park resurfaced.jpg
car park resurfaced.jpg (84.88 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
The running area will be 22M x 11M and the stand/model display area will be 15M x 6M.

Armortek Stand.jpg

We plan to build some features on the running area to test driving skills and allow us to do demonstrations. Given the pressure on space, this is a generous area, which took some negotiating. With 57 models expected to attend, we will need some organisation to fit everyone in. Please park your models without blocking others and please, do not leave your models in the running area.

Arrival and Parking

On arrival, please observe the one-way system and drive to the Armortek stand, via Linsdsay Road, report your arrival to one of the Armortek team then unload. We will register on your behalf. Please then move your vehicle as soon as possible to the Exhibitor car park.(aka the wonderfully named "Event Support Parking and Camping Field"): .

Locations.jpg
Car parking entrance.jpg
Car parking entrance.jpg (17.24 KiB) Viewed 2853 times

We may decide to arrange the models in groups, eg WW1, German WW2, Allied WW2, Modern, so please be prepared for a bit of "organisation". We'll have the Armortek emporium, including the new high-vis tents.

Please note the one way system and take care crossing road on foot.

Security

There will be 24 hour Museum security on site throughout the event. Please be vigilant and report anything suspicious to Museum Staff. We have permission for a limited presence onsite overnight to provide security, for which we have at least one volunteer. No tented camping will be allowed onsite.

Model Matters

There is no onsite power, so limited charging. If you're staying for more than one day, please consider battery usage. We may have at least one generator for emergency top-up. This being the English summer, please consider some protection for your model in case of rain. Alternatively, if you're an optimist, hats and sun block. We can't guarantee to get models under cover during the day. Overnight, we'll arrange for as many as possible to be parked in the tentage. Smokers can be used.

Operating Models in Public

Before setting out, would you please take a moment to read the Knowledge Base topic on Operating Models in Public. It covers some useful guidelines to make sure we have a safe and enjoyable event.

http://www.armortek.co.uk/Forum3b/viewt ... =34&t=6268

Public Liability Insurance

The Museum requires all exhibitors to have their own personal public liability insurance for not less than £5M. Please be prepared to have your certificate of insurance inspected by the Museum staff. For those who kindly sent us their details, I've supplied copies to the Tank Museum and you've been checked off. There are still a few who have yet to respond. The message is simple: if you've no proof of insurance, you may be prevented from running your models.

Camping

I've registered those who've asked to camp overnight. The camping area is in the Exhibitors' car park. Please note that the Museum has allocated separate camping and parking areas. They do say they'll remove any tents or vehicles which are in the "wrong" areas. There will be potable water and lavatories available around the site. There is an option for us to have a vehicle (but not tent) on our display stand. If there is anyone who would like to volunteer, this might be a valuable security benefit for us all.

Camping and parking area.jpg

Events and Publicity

Kian and Monique will be showing the FAMO prototype for the first time. We will also arrange the usual group photo on each day. I've set up a YouTube Channel for video of Armortek models, link below and would be happy to put up any videos or stills you take.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Ik1J ... -r83u-_JAg

Finally, if someone could guarantee the weather, all will be well. If you've any questions, ask anyone but me. Look forward to seeing everyone on the day.

Stephen on behalf of Armortek
Armortek

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1211 times
Been liked: 1386 times

Re: TankFest 2018 - Joining Instructions

Post by Adrian Harris »

Many thanks for the information Stephen :D

I wonder if they'll have mown the traders car park this year - sometime it's like leaving your car in a prairie :roll:

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3059 times

Post by Armortek »

Many thanks to Stephen for organizing all this and the comprehensive joining instructions.
Looks like it will be a hot weekend, so come prepared.

Chris will be on site from around 11 on Thursday to unload the gear - we would appreciate some help as there will be a lot to do .. especially as Chris will then have to shuttle off to get some more material for the running area.
So .. if you are able to make it late morning on Thursday let us know.
Adrian Harris wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:27 pm
I wonder if they'll have mown the traders car park this year - sometime it's like leaving your car in a prairie :roll:
Free Armortek mug to whoever finds me a place to park without beaching my car :?
Armortek

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 983 times
Been liked: 2047 times

Post by Stephen White »

Car parking update from the Tank Museum:
New car park.jpg
Regards

Dave Nadin
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Dave Nadin »

I be there on Thursday to give Chris a hand, Cow pat field awaits the unwary, (traders car park) :D

Pete Nash
Has liked: 401 times
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Pete Nash »

I hope to get there about mid day on Thursday, in a motorhome with a trailer
I will also have a petrol driven generator and 10 ltrs of Petrol for charging if it is of use/allowed. (Only to be used when attended of course, petrol in a metal can).

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 1104 times

Post by Dave Dibb (Armorpax) »

Sorry, but unlikely I will get away from work early enough to make it there on Thursday. If I aim to be there for 6.30am on Friday will there be anyone there I can drop the stuff off with while I park the car?

Best regards

Dave
www.armorpax.net

There used to be a nice banner here till Photobucket lost everything.............................

Stephen White
Site Admin

Post by Stephen White »

Dave

On Friday, you’ll need to be in by 0730, which gives you an extra hour. I can’t guarantee there’ll be someone there but it’s likely that we’ll either have someone on site overnight or someone will be there by then. Stephen

Stephen White
Site Admin

Post by Stephen White »

Dave

On Friday, you’ll need to be in by 0730, which gives you an extra hour. I can’t guarantee there’ll be someone there but it’s likely that we’ll either have someone on site overnight or someone will be there by then. Stephen

Dave Dibb (Armorpax)
Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 1104 times

Post by Dave Dibb (Armorpax) »

Thanks Stephen, I'll aim for 6.30 and wait if necessary.

Cheers

Dave
www.armorpax.net

There used to be a nice banner here till Photobucket lost everything.............................