Firefly kit

Forum for discussion relating to the Sherman.
Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 225 times

Re: Firefly kit

Post by Dennis Jones »

Hi John,
Very impressive. Where did the 19 transreceiver set come from ? Used to have a real one of those years ago and an 18 set all fully working, wish I'd kept them now.
Dennis.

John Wiggins
Has liked: 257 times
Been liked: 147 times

Post by John Wiggins »

Hi Dennis

The 19 set is a kit from Panzerwerk.com. They do lots of German radios, some with decals some without.
They are excellent kits.
I still have a 19set, I don't know whether it still works, it's been in store since I got rid of my workshop, several years ago.
It's a post wwII one (no B set) , but it is complete with all the leads and variometer. It is on a carrier, I cannot lift it on my own!!
Also got complete Mk1 38 set, no batteries, of course, but it works off a home made PSU.
I've Also got quite a bit of Clansman kit.
You might have guessed from the above that I am a radio amateur, I have been licensed since 1975, with the call G8KUZ.

I have bought the Futaba 7 channel radio control kit, from Arnortek, so that I can I can have a go at making a sound card, and play with some sound.
My last go with RC, was in the 1970's . A lot has changed since then! :roll: I can't believe the amount of switches, and the thickness of the manual. I hope I don't have to do much programming to get it to work with the Firefly kit! :shock:

Regards
John
What is involved in converting the TX into single stick operation?

Mick Regan
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Mick Regan »

Hi John

Converting a 7C to single stick operation is easy. Open the menu and get to the ELEVON funtion. Enable the elevon and set both AIL and EVE to 100%. Thats it :!: You will now be driving off the right hand stick using channels 1 & 2 on the Rx. If you find it turns too quick, reduce the AIL %, not quick enough, reduce the ELE %, but most people seem to be happy on 100%.

Hope this helps

Mick
I have personally given up hope that politicians who never experienced war first hand will ever realise that war is the worst of all possible alternatives.
Otto Carius. Commander 2nd Company sPzAbt. 502

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

Hi John,
Thanks for the info. I was going to get in to Amateur radio when I was a lad, the music teacher in school was one and he used to give a few of us morse lessons in the lunch hours but I got into cars and being a tv/radio engineer never progressed with it, that was in the 50/60's. If you want to use left hand stick instead of right for steer/motion you will have to change the mode. Don't forget you have got to use a proportional channel for sound card.
Dennis.