ARMORTEK BATTLE SYSTEM

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3337 times

ARMORTEK BATTLE SYSTEM

Post by Armortek »

Something else that we have been working on for a while now - our all new Infrared Battle System.

The video below shows an early test of the system from a few weeks ago.

The plan is to have the system available in two versions:
1. Tank to Tank battle - when you trigger the firing sound from your tank, an Infrared pulse is generated and when it "hits" another tank it will trigger smoke
2. Tank to Target battle - various targets can be placed around your garden or field and you can then drive your tank around and "Shoot" the targets. A successful shot will trigger smoke or a small firework.

Armortek

Robert Tanzer
Has liked: 956 times
Been liked: 825 times

Re: ARMORTEK BATTLE SYSTEM

Post by Robert Tanzer »

I do love the smell of black powder in the morning.

Robert

Larry Frantisak
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Larry Frantisak »

Will this new system be able to be used with the old silver controllers? Also will it work on the 2017 Late Variant Tiger 1 Tank?

Nick Chiocchio
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by Nick Chiocchio »

Nice option. In addition to smoke will there be an explosion sound? I see the vide has some pyrotechnics but I'm guessing that would not be part of the system.
Will there be a fire rate limit (5 seconds between shots or something like that)? Also current infrared combat systems have a tendency for the infrared beam to expand as the distance from it increases. Is there a limiting of the beam so that you have to be pretty much on target to score a hit? Otherwise if you are far enough away and the beam is strong enough you could hit two or more targets with one shot (fanning shot I believe is the term).
Nick C.