Photo Gallery of pictures retrieved from photobucket

Forum for discussion relating to Tiger 1, Mid, Early, Late Production and Sturmtiger
John Fitzsimons
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 565 times

Photo Gallery of pictures retrieved from photobucket

Post by John Fitzsimons »

I have put up another photo gallery made up of photos retrieved from Photobucket. Photos of Late Tiger No. 212 from start. Back to regular videos on channel soon. Holidays almost over and looking forward to getting back to the workshop. Also looking forward to starting my Bailey Bridge. Any subscriptions and like on channel appreciated.

Chris.Marshall
Been liked: 22 times

Re: Photo Gallery of pictures retrieved from photobucket

Post by Chris.Marshall »

Hello John,

Thanks for posting that, most interesting. I am in the VERY early stages of starting the current Early Variant T1 and starting with a gun upgrade. I basically want to have a heavier and more balanced gun and a more prototypical interior configuration. So the whole assembly is being remade in steel. I am gathering materials and currently 'occasionally' getting some time to start roughing out the muzzle brake and breech. Looking at your '88', are your recoil recuperators / dampers functional? I was thinking about doing a pneumatic recoil based on the original configuration by having one of the damper / recuperators as a pneumatic actuator. I saw a good Jagtiger set up like that on the forum.

Anyway, thanks for posting and your project is looking GOOD.....

All the best,

Chris.
Tiger 1 Early - (Kit42) - Still boxed.

John Fitzsimons

I still have s lot of work to do on the gun. I have been thinking about damping. my main aim was to have a reasonable representation of the gun. Most of my components are in aluminium so far. The components are balancing nicely and taking a lot of strain off the elevation motor. By the time all components complete should be almost perfect balance. I am not sure of the purpose of the recouperator or how it connects with recoil function.

Do you have your work on the gun on the forum?

Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 760 times
Been liked: 1732 times

Post by Vince Cutajar »

or how it connects with recoil function
Both the recoil and the recuperator cylinders are connected to the side wall of the breech as shown below.
Mounting for recoil cylinder.
Mounting for recoil cylinder.
A similar mounting is on the other side of the breech for the recuperator cylinder. Recoil cylinder to dampen the backward movement of barrel and recuperator to slow down the forward movement after recoil.

Vince

Chris.Marshall

Post by Chris.Marshall »

Hello John,

None of my work on the forum yet, VERY early days, just 'occasionally' getting some time roughing out blocks. Still completing the current project and LOTS of life's additional tasks on the go at present. Flippin treadmill :cry:

I will definitely ( promise .... ) start a thread when I get some work up to a reasonable stage that is actually worth looking at. A large amorphous lump of EN36 is not really that interesting :wink: . I am also working on some dummy shells too, just a little bit of relief from the daily mad house and the completion of the current project, now in year 24 of a 6 year build....... But almost done......

I did do a T1 many years ago in steel in 1/9 scale so do want to improve on that, the AT kit is an excellent basis to achieve that. I did a reasonable effort with the last '88' but can do a LOT better now. I was a pimply youth when I did the original T1. It had a basic spring recoil cylinder, looked ok-ish and provided some collision protection for the gun, but nothing more. I did a falling block breech, but the mechanism was not that good either..... Can definitely make that look better now....

Also Vince......

From the drawings and the photos etc, I'm doing the lugs for the piston rods as part of the breech block, milled from solid, hence the great big @@##$$ lump of EN36......
Sample of Original 8.8cm Kl/56 dwg
Sample of Original 8.8cm Kl/56 dwg
Breech Block.jpg (98.9 KiB) Viewed 441 times
So lots of fun for me to look forward to.....

All the best,

Chris.

John Fitzsimons

Thanks Vince, I have the recuperator fitted to the lug. I was not sure if it was connected to the frame on the left side also. Good to know purpose. I was guessing that but was not sure. I am on the lookout for some plate from which to make the side frame.

Chris, I would love to have a chunk of aluminium big enough to make the breech and lugs in one piece.
I had to settle for adding lugs separately which is stalling the project a bit.

Hopefully get some materials and inspiration to continue soon.

John Fitzsimons

Vince, are they your own drawings? Nice details.

Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 760 times
Been liked: 1732 times

Post by Vince Cutajar »

I found dimensioned 2D drawings on a website some years ago (can't remember which one) and I made a 3D model. I believe a forum member (Chang) pointed me to this site.
Drawings were for a 1/16th scale model.

Vince

Chang
Has liked: 15669 times
Been liked: 422 times

Post by Chang »

Hi John and Vince :

From my memory recall , the above-drawing was part of the original drawing listed this website :

https://www.panzerbasics.com/panzer/02_ ... chnung.jpg

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards,
Lerh Chang
Attachments
https://www.panzerbasics.com/panzer/02_archive/drawings/Tiger_E_files/Hm-C434_8.8cmK_L!56_f._Pz.Kw.VI-Stammzeichnung.jpg
https://www.panzerbasics.com/panzer/02_archive/drawings/Tiger_E_files/Hm-C434_8.8cmK_L!56_f._Pz.Kw.VI-Stammzeichnung.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------
Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.....

Chris.Marshall

Post by Chris.Marshall »

Yes that's the one..... I just cropped the detail I was working with as an illustration.....

I have picked up a reasonable amount of detail from various sites, and certainly enough to produce a decent representation of the gun.

All the best,

C.

John Fitzsimons

I have quite a bit on the gun.3d drawings illustrate really the actual workings.
Anybody got drawings with measurements of Turret hydraulic gearbox and gunner pedals.