ARMORTEK’S NEWEST KITS ARE HERE

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
Alex Easten
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 213 times

Re: ARMORTEK’S NEWEST KITS ARE HERE

Post by Alex Easten »

Another question, could a canvas top for the halftrack be an option on this run?
Armortek Hetzer no 31 (2022).

Quicquid agas age

neil graham
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 246 times

Post by neil graham »

Another question

Is there any plan to provide the armour shield for the Flak 88?
88_shield.png

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1296 times
Been liked: 1511 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

The original kit came with the armour so I can't see any reason this run would omit it.

2011-10-01_13-17-35.JPG

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Tim Carr
Has liked: 1907 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Tim Carr »

Lots of 88's in this link

https://www.reddit.com/r/88mm/

Later Tim
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

John Clarke
Been liked: 1657 times

Post by John Clarke »

Alex
There was a Canopy for the original K7 supplied by Armortek way back when. It was specially ordered and you had to wait months for it.
" These things cannot be rushed" I was told. I envisaged a little old lady busily sewing away in a little cottage deep in the west country.

Fit was questionable and it comprised of metal rods bent (Thick welding rod) to form a frame connected to two brackets bolted to the side of the hull. You had to drill the front screen frame and had to make up your own fasteners to hold it in place. :(

A piece of paper came with it, which basically said fit frame and tie canopy to said frame using valcro tags supplied. dye or paint as required.

Now I knew I wasn't going to be getting the wonderful framed unit you'll see on Simon Mannings K7, but I had paid a fair bit for this canopy.
But it was what it was, so making the best of it cut 20mm off the bottom edge and fitted a stainless steel wire in the hem which I had stitched back in, now it would hold it's shape. :?

When the Famo's came out with a canopy included and saw it, I thought you lucky so and so's, really nice and it came with a rear view curtained window too........ 8)
If the Simon Manning's canopy becomes available again, get it! I think there was a drawing too, but you had to be talented with a sewing machine. :lol:
halftrack.JPG
halftrack.JPG (183.45 KiB) Viewed 853 times
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 977 times

Post by Jerry Carducci »

I have that Armortek frame and canopy but opted to use the beautiful canopy and frame made by Mr Matata.

The photo does not do it justice:
Attachments
MySdkfz7.jpg
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

John Clarke
Been liked: 1657 times

Post by John Clarke »

Hummm, yes. 8) 8)

That's the one I wanted Jerry, lot's of K7 aftermarket bit's pieces were available, but some fell into the "unobtanium" category. :lol:
You could spend a small fortune on detail stuff. There were working trafficators, dash details.
I'm guessing it'll be a lot better detailed this time around, that's the beauty of the re editions.
The very first models came with solid cast head lamp housings. If I remember correctly, you sent your originals off and in return you got hollowed out housings for all including side lamp with some lens.
Someone made the flexi hitch to ease the twist on towing, so I had ago at one of those too.
Somebody, can't think who, had a complete new window frame made with working louver vent. lovely piece of work it was. :mrgreen:
The proper head light glazing sets were rare too and all those fitments for the rifles will keep you busy for hours.
Dave Dibbs could have field day with this lot. :lol:
Great model loads of scope.

Mind you, stay away from certain number plates, you might not be welcome at some shows. :lol:
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Chris Hall
Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 655 times

Post by Chris Hall »

John Clarke wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 12:24 pm
Somebody, can't think who, had a complete new window frame made with working louver vent. lovely piece of work it was. :mrgreen:
I think it’s Andreas Wolfrom in Germany …..
Mark IV (Liesel, Abteilung 14, France 1918)
M3 Lee (25 Dragoons, Burma 1944)
Universal Carrier (2/Wiltshires, Italy 1944)
Panther (Deserter, 145 RAC, Italy 1944)
Centurion Mk 3 (8KRIH, Korea 1950/51)
Morris Quad, 25-pdr & limber (45RA, Korea 1951)

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 977 times

Post by Jerry Carducci »

My my added details are a combination of parts from Michael Matata, Tim Catton and parts of my own making. I made my dash illuminated, and all the exterior lights functional. I made the decision not to cover all the fasteners on this model as I've learned that should the need arise to do repairs of changes having to dig out the screws can cause more disruption than I want. With the body panels as thin as they are, and necessarily so, it's dangerous to attempt to countersink the screw heads beyond a point; one literally needs to extend the countersink into the base surface to allow the screw head clearance; that or try to locate flat head screws with and undercut to the head...

I really like the Sd Kfz 7 and look forward to a second kit, perhaps this time I'll get the building a little better.

Jerry
Attachments
signal.jpg
front.jpg
dash.jpg
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!