ARMORTEK’S NEWEST KITS ARE HERE

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3334 times

ARMORTEK’S NEWEST KITS ARE HERE

Post by Armortek »

Exciting news! After diving deep into the results of our recent customer survey, we're excited to announce that we’re bringing back two all-time favourites – and they’re better than ever. Say hello to the Sd Kfz 7 and the Flak 88 kits, set for release in the latter half of 2024!
sdkfz7and88.jpg
sdkfz7and88.jpg (62.28 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
By Popular Demand
You spoke, and we listened. In our latest round of customer feedback, you chose the Sd Kfz 7 and Flak 88 as the top kits you wanted to see make a comeback. It’s been over 12 years since these kits were last on our production line, and we know many of you have been waiting eagerly for their return.
A_IMG_6348 (Medium).JPG
New and Improved
We’re not just re-releasing these classics; we’re upgrading them. The new Sd Kfz 7 and Flak 88 will be the finest versions we’ve ever released. Every part will be reviewed with the feedback gleaned over the last 12 years and will be produced using our latest production techniques and materials.

Sd Kfz 7: A Closer Look
The Sd Kfz 7. This German 8-ton half-track was a pivotal force in WWII, known for its power and reliability. It provides the perfect vehicle to tow the Flak 88 or to convert it into the myriad of versions.

The Armortek 1:6 scale all metal Sd Kfz 7 kit will be available for an early bird price of £3,600 plus VAT and shipping.

Flak 88: The Icon Reimagined
And let’s not forget the legendary Flak 88. Famous for its versatility on the battlefield, this anti-aircraft and anti-tank gun will return with formidable presence. Perfect for being towed behind the Sd Kfz 7 or the Sd Kfz 9 (Famo) or as as stand alone model.

The Armortek 1:6 scale all metal Flak 88 kit will be available for an early bird price of £3,200 plus VAT and shipping.

Reserve your kits today
Set for release in the latter half of 2024, reservations for these LIMITED EDITION kits are opening today. To reserve your kit, email us at sales@armortek.co.uk.

The early bird pricing will only be available for a limited time.

Further details on the kits (shipping costs, weight, dimensions and part counts) will be released in the next few days.
Attachments
A_IMG_6359 (Medium).JPG
A_IMG_6355 (Medium).JPG
A_IMG_6323 (Medium).JPG
A_IMG_6320 (Medium).JPG
A_IMG_6315 (Medium).JPG
Armortek

simon_manning
Been liked: 1627 times

Re: ARMORTEK’S NEWEST KITS ARE HERE

Post by simon_manning »

These 7s are very interesting to build, i very much enjoyed mine, so much so i purchased another, regards simon.
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_0473.jpg

Robert Reid
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 446 times

Post by Robert Reid »

Oh boy....

I'm going to find it hard to resist a FLak 88... as I have all the other guns.

I think this may be a must.

Well done Kian and the whole team!!!! Beautiful!

Cheers,

RPR

PS What does @Armorpax have for the 88? Still doing detail kits Dave?

Aaron Taylor
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Aaron Taylor »

That looks fun very nice

Alex Easten
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 213 times

Post by Alex Easten »

Great choice, would Armortek consider offering an armoured version of the SDKF7?
Attachments
Image 10.jpeg
Image 10.jpeg (36.73 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
Armortek Hetzer no 31 (2022).

Quicquid agas age

Peter Quambusch
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 980 times

Post by Peter Quambusch »

Nice variant. :D :D :D
Lord, give me strength to change the things I am able to change.... and patience to endure the things I can not change :-) A bunch of Tiger and Panther variants, Leo II, Famo, 222s, a few 88`s and smaler ones like Hetzer, Stug III, 251, etc.

Kenneth Hartsfield
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Kenneth Hartsfield »

I really enjoy my SDKFZ-7 and I look forward to owning another. I have also searched for an AT FLAK and I am happy to wait for the kit release later this year.

Ken

Armortek
Site Admin

Post by Armortek »

To answer a question that a few people have raised - we are planning to redesign the drive system on the Sd Kfz 7so that it runs on brushless motors.
They will have to be smaller than the ones that we are using on our tanks at the moment but should still be powerful enough.
Armortek

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1014 times

Post by Jerry Carducci »

Armortek wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 3:21 pm
To answer a question that a few people have raised - we are planning to redesign the drive system on the Sd Kfz 7so that it runs on brushless motors.
They will have to be smaller than the ones that we are using on our tanks at the moment but should still be powerful enough.
Are you also considering adding track pads to the track or is it too small to be practical??

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

Armortek
Site Admin

Post by Armortek »

Jerry Carducci wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 pm

Are you also considering adding track pads to the track or is it too small to be practical??

Jerry
We will run some tests and decide.
Rubber pads on the Famo were marginal - on a smaller model they may fail too fast.
Right now are default is fully cast tracks. But we will see if we can make the rubber work.
Armortek

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 324 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Any news on the re-run of the Bailey Bridge ?

Armortek
Site Admin

Post by Armortek »

Mark Heaps wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:39 pm
Any news on the re-run of the Bailey Bridge ?
Pricing will be announced next week.
We then need to do a sample packaging run to determine box sizes/ weights etc and then order the boxes. Boxes are on a 4 week lead time so, depending on other work in the factory we expect shipping around the end of June or possibly July.
Armortek

Jerry Carducci
Location: The People's Paradise of California, the former Golden State
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1014 times

Post by Jerry Carducci »

Armortek wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:05 pm
Jerry Carducci wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 4:55 pm

Jerry
We will run some tests and decide.
Rubber pads on the Famo were marginal - on a smaller model they may fail too fast.
Right now are default is fully cast tracks. But we will see if we can make the rubber work.
Hmmm, not having assembled my Famo yet I don't have any experience with the longevity of the track pads but I can imagine depending how one
operates the thing will in part dictate the life span of the pads. I hope pads for the 7 survive your testing as I really feel that addition would greatly enhance what is already a pretty spiff model. Not sure where material type- manufacturing cost - durability would intersect but I hope some suitable material stands out that will make that feature a reality.

I'd be more than happy to run test samples here in sunny California through our multi terrain environment with it's (in)famous adobe soil that's as hard as concrete in summer yet as sticky as rubber cement in winter to see how they fare!! :D

Jerry
http://tanks.linite.com/ - RC tanks: stay home, build a tank and save a life!

John Fitzsimons
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 565 times

Post by John Fitzsimons »

Hi Armortek,

You mention upgrades. Any news on what upgrades will be?

Armortek
Site Admin

Post by Armortek »

John Fitzsimons wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 4:29 pm
Hi Armortek,

You mention upgrades. Any news on what upgrades will be?
Not yet - we only decided on what kits we would make a week ago. The planning will start in about 2 weeks and we will then need to review the existing drawings. Keep in mind we are still mid Jagdpanther production and have the Bailey Bridge to get sorted out.
Armortek