Panther 60

Forum for discussion relating to the Panther
Peter Brown
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 15 times

Panther 60

Post by Peter Brown »

Hi all,
First post here, and my first Armotek Kit Panther G No.60, which arrived early in the new year
Got back into model making after a long break, mainly Aixfix 1/72 scale planes which took me back to my childhood when they were hanging from my bedroom ceiling. So a bit of a jump scale wise.
Just made a start on the lower hull, suspension arms and torsion bars.
Had a few issues assembling the suspension arms, but nothing a 12mm tap would not sort out. Thread locked with Loctite 628, so hopefully will not come apart in a hurry.
The flats on the torsion bars filled by hand, but not sure how criticial the 30 degree angle is for the suspension arms?
They all look around 30 degrees as good as dam it, and the metal rule sits across them all with no gaps.
Gone down the route of priming before assembly, the inside will stay Red Oxide.
Rubbed over with abrasive pad, wipe down with Upol System 20 degreaser, Upol Grey Etched Primer, followed by a coat of Simoniz Red Oxide primer. Though I have seen on a lot of the builds that Upol Acid 8 seems to be the perfered choice. Unfortuntally only saw this after I had sprayed the parts, hopfully this will not come back to bite me, technicial data sheets form Upol show both are suitable for aluminium, so should be ok :wink:
Sitting on a motor bike jack atm, and its now at the stage where its a two person lift.
Need to order a lifting table, and once that has arrived, will be off to my cabin at the bottom of the garden, which has now been cleaned out and re purposed as a tank assembly facility, and with any luck the weather might have warmed up a bit by then.
Wheels and tracks next as they can be assembled in the man cave in the warm :D
There is some great information on this forum, and some good YouTube videos out there which has been a great help.
Just a few photos of my build so far, and with any luck the first of a few updates :D
All the bestImage
Attachments
20240201_213945.jpg
20240201_213717.jpg
20240129_180031.jpg