Option Pack - KT29

Forum for asking questions, offering new ideas or facts or suggesting new topics
Michael Allen
Has liked: 993 times
Been liked: 79 times

Option Pack - KT29

Post by Michael Allen »

Can anyone advise what test I can do to establish if I have an issue with my brand new Red Box Motor Control B please.
PNG image.png
PNG image.png (767.79 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
If I plug a Servo direct into channels 3 & 4 of my rx they react perfectly with the lh stick on my tx (totally thanks to the excellent support I received from Adrian Harris - what a star), if I plug the motor control box leads into my rx channels 3 & 4 I get no reaction from either the turret or elevation motors and no power at all. I don’t know what to try next - it is not the motors. The recoil motor runs fine but that is powered direct from the power pack.
PNG image 2.png
PNG image 2.png (653.97 KiB) Viewed 1087 times

I don’t know if it is related at all but I have two spade connectors on the slip ring loom, one of which is labelled Barrel Flash Loom that I’ve no idea what to do with. The only cable I have that could be relevant is part no. XRE002 possibly XRE009 but this does not have spade connectors attached.

FYI the main motors work on the rh stick ( rx channels 1 &2) as expected and the audio works (rx channel5) to a fashion on a three way switch

Any pics of the installed option packs on a completed KT would be hugely appreciated if that is possible

Thanks

Michael Allen

Re: Option Pack - KT29

Post by Michael Allen »

Unfortunately no one was able to reply to my previous request for assistance.

AT have very kindly agreed to take a look at the Motion Module B to see if there are issues with it.

Can I put my other question another way to see if it can trigger a response at all.

Do I have to cut the connector soldered on to part no. XRE009 - Barrel LED loom and refit spade connectors for it to fit onto the two spade connectors on XMP011 - Slip Ring?
IMG_6484.jpeg
If not can anyone advise where to plug in the Barrel Loom and what to do with the connectors on the slip ring.

Many thanks

michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Michael, I am no expert in these matters. I have posted a couple of photographs of my bench set-up. For the barrel loom gun flash ( which I believe you are asking for) the twin red/blue cable connects to Recoil Module LED 1 with the blue cable on the bottom.
The two spade connectors from the slip ring loom connect to the gun elevation spade connectors motor control B....Mick
Attachments
Loom Connectore.JPG
Gun connection.JPG

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Michael has a different wiring setup, where the recoil module is in the tank hull and not the turret, so the spade terminals are for the barrel LED and not the elevation system.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Michael Allen

Post by Michael Allen »

Michael

Many thanks for taking to time to assist but as Adrian said I have a slightly different set up.

I can only assume as I said earlier that the connector on the barrel loom is incorrect but I can’t risk making the changes unless someone confirms that my assumptions are correct.

Once again thank you Michael and as always thank you Adrian.

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

I am not familiar with the new red boxes but I was an ECE fixing electrical and electronic faults on real tanks for 22 years so here are the checks I would do.

Photo of motion module, 5 leads,
two 2-core twisted ( reduces interference ) - outputs to turret turn and elevation motors.
Two 3-core flat cables- connect to Rx
One thick 2-core connection- Incoming Power supply. Is it connected and if so where to ?. Is where it is connected to the right place for it and does that have an incoming power-supply? Is there a fuse that has blown ?

Photo of loom, one male spade connector marked barrel flash ( male is not insulated so it plugs in somewhere to get power ) One female spade connector ( insulated so gets power ) on a 3-core cable. Output from the Rx going to the recoil motor ?? If so, plug them together. In my experience supporting the tanks on the ranges, a big flash from the barrel and the barrel recoiling did tend to happen together.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

> If so, plug them together... ...a big flash from the barrel

There'll be a flash but not in the barrel.

The insulated connector is being fed from the 5V supply to the recoil servo.
The non insulated connector comes from the recoil module main gun LED output.

Plugging them together may well destroy the recoil module.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Michael Allen

Post by Michael Allen »

Mark - many thanks for your advice.

I think I am making progress as AT have confirmed a manufacturing issue with the motion pack B - it is winging its way back to me and I’ll see at the weekend if I can get the turret and elevation going.

I’ve not absolutely sorted the issue with the barrel loom but AT are sending alternate connectors for me.

If this solves the problem I will post details for others to learn if required.

Mick

Michael Allen

Post by Michael Allen »

I have received the repaired motor control B red box back from AT and will test it over the weekend.

I have also received the following connector which should solve the riddle of my barrel loom connections to the slip ring loom.
IMG_6489.jpeg
Many thanks to those who made contact to resolve this

Mick