Front and Rear Lights

Forum for discussion relating to the M26 Pershing
John Studebaker
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 7 times

Front and Rear Lights

Post by John Studebaker »

M26 Pershing, Taranis X9D transmitter, Channel 7, 2 position switch. (Armortek recommendations for transmitter and receiver.) Lights work - On or Off. However, when On, the front and rear lights flash repeatedly. Is it normal for the lights - front and rear - to flash repeatedly when in the On position? Are there multiple lighting options, i.e., All On (constant); All On (flashing); Rear or Front only; Both Off; etc,? Does the electronic switch in the lighting loom have anything to do with this? If so, what? Any insights are appreciated.

John

Ray Massa
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 110 times

Re: Front and Rear Lights

Post by Ray Massa »

John Studebaker wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:45 am
M26 Pershing, Taranis X9D transmitter, Channel 7, 2 position switch. (Armortek recommendations for transmitter and receiver.) Lights work - On or Off. However, when On, the front and rear lights flash repeatedly. Is it normal for the lights - front and rear - to flash repeatedly when in the On position? Are there multiple lighting options, i.e., All On (constant); All On (flashing); Rear or Front only; Both Off; etc,? Does the electronic switch in the lighting loom have anything to do with this? If so, what? Any insights are appreciated.

John
John,
That is not normal as far as I know. Mine stay on all the time or off. My suggestion would be to take a look at your transmitter settings to see if there is some function that toggles that channel. Otherwise, I would check with Armortek to see if there could be something wrong on the module that drives the lights.

John Studebaker

Ray - Thanks for the feedback. I actually had the lights plugged into Channel 6 on the receiver - the Armortek standard. - my misstatement. I checked Inputs, Mixes, Outputs, wiring loom, and wire color connections - all kosher. Not sure I I should have, but I have asked Armortek for some help on this.

John

John Studebaker

Mystery of the flashing front and rear lights has been resolved with Kian's help. I did not understand the suggestion printed on the exterior of the light loom package, which basically said to change the servo endpoints of the channel I was using. I'm a Taranis newbie, and the servo reference threw me. By changing the Max value for CH6 on the Output screen from 100% to 90%, 85% and 80%, the flashing light issue disappeared. Thanks Kian.

John