Battery monitoring with new red modules

Forum for asking questions, offering new ideas or facts or suggesting new topics
Gary Richardson
Has liked: 635 times
Been liked: 1438 times

Battery monitoring with new red modules

Post by Gary Richardson »

Hi all

I was chatting to Adrian Harris about battery monitoring and he showed me the set up on his Sturm Tiger :D which uses the older silver modules and a Frsky FAS 100(?) Ampere monitor sending the telemetry via the receiver to his Taranis transmitter.
I am looking at getting a couple of the Frsky FAS100 ADV monitors for my tanks but started wondering about the regeneration the red modules incorporate. Would the regeneration have an adverse effect on the battery monitor. Has anyone used these monitors with the new red modules in conjunction with the Taranis 2019 plus transmitter ?

Regards
Gary
2021 Late Tiger 1 Abteilung 301 (Funklenk), 2022 Churchill Mk3 AVRE, 2x Czech Hedgehogs, 2024 Bailey Bridge.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1195 times
Been liked: 1379 times

Re: Battery monitoring with new red modules

Post by Adrian Harris »

Are you worried that the back EMF will damage the sensor or affect the readings ?

The silver box modules also do regeneration and haven't affected the sensor.

I can't say what effect the regeneration has on the accuracy of the readings.
I use them to display the maximum current draw and minimum battery voltage readings to track battery health whilst running.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Gary Richardson
Has liked: 635 times
Been liked: 1438 times

Re: Battery monitoring with new red modules

Post by Gary Richardson »

Adrian Harris wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:05 am
Are you worried that the back EMF will damage the sensor or affect the readings ?

The silver box modules also do regeneration and haven't affected the sensor.

I can't say what effect the regeneration has on the accuracy of the readings.
I use them to display the maximum current draw and minimum battery voltage readings to track battery health whilst running.

Adrian.
Hi Adrian

Yes, it is the back EMF that concerned me. I liked how easy it was to see on your transmitter when you were running the Sturm Tiger. I will order a couple of the Frsky FAS100 's to put in the Churchill and Tiger. :D

Regards
Gary
2021 Late Tiger 1 Abteilung 301 (Funklenk), 2022 Churchill Mk3 AVRE, 2x Czech Hedgehogs, 2024 Bailey Bridge.