Sound problem with new modules.

All topics related to Armortek's Sound Option Pack
Gary Richardson
Has liked: 634 times
Been liked: 1430 times

Sound problem with new modules.

Post by Gary Richardson »

Good morning all,

I need some advice and help to establish what is wrong with my sound system.
Unfortunately Armortek is closed due to Covid this week so I thought I would try the forum instead of disturbing Kian and Monique.
I have just set up my Taranis X9D+ 2019 transmitter and connected the modules and motors as per the first part of the manual.
I have motion control units A & B, the audio module, receiver, speakers and motors connected and have checked the connections numerous times.
The 3 way switch (SE) is set up for CH5 and connected to input 3 on the audio module.
The motors work ok and I get a beep from the speakers when I switch the power on. There is a background hiss but nothing else. I tried the calibration button which gives a beep but using the 3 way switch as per the manual produces no sounds.
I am not sure what else I can do hence this appeal for help.
The following photos will help see how I have set things up.

Regards
Gary
Basic set up
Basic set up
Audio module
Audio module
Motion control A module
Motion control A module
Receiver connections
Receiver connections
Model set up
Model set up
Inputs
Inputs
Mixes
Mixes
Outputs
Outputs
2021 Late Tiger 1 Abteilung 301 (Funklenk), 2022 Churchill Mk3 AVRE, 2x Czech Hedgehogs

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Sound problem with new modules.

Post by Adrian Harris »

All looks OK.

Have you tried the switch in both directions when doing the "teaching" step ? I can't recall if the sounds card is fussy as to the switch movement.

I know the instructions say to move it towards you but it depends on the transmitter set up. You can always reverse the channel afterwards.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Gary Richardson

Hi Adrian

I have just tried the switch both ways after getting the calibration beep, initially nothing happened, then on the 3rd attempt I got a brief burst of engine sound. I redid the calibration phase again and I now have engine sounds. :D
I will go over it all again now and check the other components, servos, leds etc are working in synch with the other sounds.
Thanks for you input, I can get the motors installed now and get the drive sprockets in place.

Regards

Gary
2021 Late Tiger 1 Abteilung 301 (Funklenk), 2022 Churchill Mk3 AVRE, 2x Czech Hedgehogs

Donald Suttie
Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 136 times

Post by Donald Suttie »

Gary
I did a full test on my motion pack when i got it,and everything has been tested inc the new MG servo and the front light,all working fine with my Spektrum but the motors are a bit strange,when i push full forward i find that it has quite a high speed,then if i move the stick in reverse and then forward again the speed has dropped quite a bit but nothing has been touched,do you get this issue too Gary?

i set mine up as per the Knowledge Section

the only thing i haven't checked is the smoker unit

i had no issues with the sound straight out the box,its very loud

Donald

Gary Richardson

Hi Donald

I have now got nearly everything working, yes, it is very loud. I have set mine up on a Taranis X9D+ 2019 transmitter and I must admit I was going round in circles most of yesterday. It is definitely a learning experience but I can see why Open TX is the used as it is so adaptable. As per my last post it took multiple attempts at configuring the sound before I got it to work, I persevered when Adrian mentioned the 3 way switch but once I got the engine sounds working all the other sounds were spot on.
At the moment the motors and modules are sitting on my living room floor so its difficult to judge the motor speeds but I have had to reconfigure the tick over and power increase as they went out of sink with the motors so perhaps that is the same thing you have experienced. I think sorting out speeds will be a lot easier once the motors are in and the tracks are on so the motors have some weight to move.
I am expecting to have to do some tweaking of the mixes for CH2 & CH3 to get the turning correct as that seems quite variable but then again I have no experience of tracked vehicles to fall back on.
I too have left the smoker disconnected at the moment but it is all assembled and ready to go into the Tiger.
I will put any further updates on my normal build log.

Regards
Gary