Mick's Elefant

Forum for discussion relating to the Elefant
michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 818 times

Re: Mick's Elefant

Post by michael hilton »

Many thanks Adrian, also I did mean to ask, into which channel do I plug the recoil servo? I may have missed something here as I only have the AUX channel spare on my six channel Rx...I am hoping the whole 'recoil system' becomes clear and obvious as I assemble it....all other controls motors/slew/elevation/sounds/gun flash etc,. work fine.....Mick

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1195 times
Been liked: 1382 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

The recoil servo goes into "RC OUT 1" on the Recoil Module, not into the receiver.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good afternoon Adrian, I do have an eyesight test booked for 12th August with Specsavers... :( genuine. It refers to the recoil servo on the 5B wiring diagram....my attention to detail is on the wane...thank you again...Mick

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good afternoon gents, nice day...after looking at the recoil diagram until my eyes glazed over...I gathered the whole shebang and loaded the tangle of wiring. with those lovely Red Boxes into the belly of my Elefant. Installation complete...time to test. I still really had no idea how the recoil would work.
Fear not, like a dream....gun flash, servo/limit switch release, motor runs, recoil and reset...I could watch it all day. Time for lunch and a lie down.
I do believe that is a 'first' for me....I don't know who came up with this recoil/slow reset idea 8) , anyway, who ever, have a day off :) ....Mick
Attachments
Recoil 2.JPG
Recoil 1.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good afternoon gentlemen, roll on Sunday...and, hopefully, lots and lots of rain. The garage is like an oven, took a couple of photo's and beat the retreat....Mick
Attachments
Smoker relocated
Smoker relocated
IMG_2256.JPG
IMG_2255.JPG
Polished the ball
Polished the ball
Battery isolator
Battery isolator

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good evening all, having a quiet moment....I decided to add the machine gun. I have a nice model M/G supplied by Phil. I must be having a mental block as I cannot for the life of me remember where the twin lead, red/black goes. Is it the audio unit or recoil, or neither. Delving into the bowels of my Panther the M/G lead goes to Audio Unit LED 4. Be that as it may, a little advice would be appreciated.
By the way, the relocated smoker works a real treat....Mick
Attachments
IMG_2259.JPG

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Audio Module output 4 sounds right.

Make sure there is a series resistor in the MG lead or it will flash a few times and burn out. 150 ohms is the usual value for a standard LED.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Adrian, way past my bedtime....I tried all outputs on the Audio Module, no joy, I did have a solid blue/white on output 4, but no flashing, all the M/G 'sounds' are there no problem.
I will try again tomorrow....sounds like I know what I am talking about....I don't. I have searched the Knowledge Base and checked other builds.

Can I confirm Adrian, the Audio Module outputs on the Red Boxes are where the M/Gs are connected, not the Recoil outputs which have the main gun flash.
The leads on the M/G are red/black with red in the middle.....Mick

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Recoil Module only does the main gun functions.

For the MG to flash, you should have the MG plugged into Audio Module Output 4, with the red in the centre and the black wire at the top, so aligned with the white dot on the label. This is because the sound card switches the negative line on this output, not the positive.

Try all the sounds, as I've seen some Audio Modules configured with the MG flash activating on the wrong sound.

If you plug the MG in with the red in the middle and the black at the bottom, as per the Audio Module label, I would expect the LED to stay on continuously.

Adrian.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning Adrian, tried again, no luck and I know it's not down to luck. Decided to check the wiring....loose black wire :o not, should have checked first. Anyway all is well, flashing like a 'flasher'....cleared the pigeons off the fence. Thank you Adrian, font of all knowledge....Mick :D

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning, everyone, a quick update. With the onset of Autumn and a distinct drop in temperature I have moved the Elefant into my workshop, aka small bedroom. Fortunately, I had help with the lifting the model. My youngest son, six feet four and fourteen stone. They do come in useful although costing an awful lot of money and heartache.
There was no way I could have stood in the icy garage, weathering the Elefant.
I made the move easier removing batteries, motors, suspension etc. and parted the upper hull from the lower hull. Bit of a squeeze between the hall and doorway. No plaster or paint was removed in the process. Job done.... something for the long Winter months.... Mick.
Attachments
IMG_2281.JPG
IMG_2280.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good afternoon lads, not to forget the dear ladies...made a start with the paint job. So many ideas floating around in my noddle. I have looked at various ''burned out, rusted and destroyed'' tanks. Have to be careful, needs to be sold on one day. Not too keen on punching holes through the sides, direct hits etc,.
No real experience with weathering, however, prepared to give it a go...as long as the old girl can be recovered by someone....eventually.
Looking forward to following the many Panther builds....Mick
Attachments
IMG_2294.JPG
IMG_2293.JPG
IMG_2292.JPG

Jae-seung Roe
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by Jae-seung Roe »

HI Mick,

wow nice colour scheme! i like it! jolly good! :D

Phil Woollard
Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 6945 times

Post by Phil Woollard »

Looking very professional, remember Mick it's only paint!
Mechanical engineer.
2 Youtube channels, Phil Woollard and Magpiespyro. Facebook/ Phil Woollard.
Commission builds considered. Pm for my email.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good evening each, thank you guys for the 'likes' and replies, just using the spray cans at the moment. Taken delivery of Vallejo acrylics and pigments.
I'm goggle eyed watching Utube vids...and, I have searched the Knowledge Base...so no more excuses, need to soldier on.
Although no posting lately I follow and browse all the many builds, some quality building going on, well done everyone. Mick