Sherman simulated welds

Forum for discussion relating to the Sherman.
Tom Miller
Been liked: 315 times

Sherman simulated welds

Post by Tom Miller »

I am assembling the upper hull including front and rear deck assemblies. These parts are mostly held together with CSK screws that I assume I will fill and paint to hide them as I have done on previous models. When assembled there are long seams along the top where the deck meets the sides and front and real armor plates. There is also a seam where the two decks plates meet. Should these seems have simulated welds applied to them? I have search all my books and the internet but most pictures I have found are shot from the side. I need pictures shot from above showing the deck detail. If anyone has information on what is welded on an Easy 8 I would really appreciate the help.
Tom

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1209 times
Been liked: 1384 times

Re: Sherman simulated welds

Post by Adrian Harris »

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Tom Miller

Post by Tom Miller »

Thanks Adrian. Those are nice videos. However they still do not show the upper deck seams.
Does anyone know if the seams all around the top decks were welded in place?
Thanks,
Tom

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 701 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Tom
These may help? The upper deck is welded all around the edge - except the rear removable engine access plate. The image with the tail lamp shows this - no welding across rear plate (where folding shelf is mounted) for the engine access cover.

B

Tom Miller

Post by Tom Miller »

Thanks Bob. That is the info I needed. I was pretty sure the sides were welded but I wasn't sure about the front and back.