Left tracks get stuck on turns

Forum for discussion relating to the Elefant
Mark Russell
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 245 times

Re: Left tracks get stuck on turns

Post by Mark Russell »

Hi what surface are you running on? Had similar issues with mine on a very hot day trying neutral turns on tarmac as the rubber track pads were sticking like glue to it. Once they wore down flush with the tracks then all worked perfectly satisfactorily.
Thanks,
Mark

Wael Hazin
Been liked: 19 times

Post by Wael Hazin »

Hi Adrian and Mark,

Thanks for the feedback. Mark, very Interesting point as I live in Florida which is very hot. But the issue also happens in low cut grass too. I know in grass it takes a lot of power to turn these beasts. What about track lengths? Can a loose one cause this issue although I don’t feel my tracks are there yet. I will keep on investigating and report back. I will have someone film it to better describe the issue and post it on here. Again, really appreciate the help and feedback.

Regards,
Wael

Mark Russell
Been liked: 245 times

Post by Mark Russell »

I find that you can only use partial throttle on each track on a neutral turn on grass. Using full throttle on one or both tracks seems to draw too much current and this then gets limited. Again the rubber track pads seem to make this more of an issue than on other tracks without them.
Thanks,
Mark

Charles A Stewart
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 790 times

Post by Charles A Stewart »

Evening all.
Although my Chieftain is benched for now, one thing i recall is, should you have shiny floor•try moving on that. I see where Mark is coming from.

Def•:- workshop floor with smooth surface.

I will be interested how you get on.

Cheers Charles
Chieftain No.34, functional. PKW IV (2002), operational. Panther G No.18 (2022), started, well some of it is. Series 1 4x4 No.28 and a Bailey Bridge.