paint

Forum for discussion relating to the Chietain MBT
John chamney
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

paint

Post by John chamney »

Hi

can anyone recommend a brand and correct green for the chieftain , nato green ? thanks

regards John

Charles A Stewart
Has liked: 477 times
Been liked: 880 times

Re: paint

Post by Charles A Stewart »

Good evening John.

I too am going for the Nato Green approach, I am happy so far with the "Trade Paint" Nato Green. So far with my build the road wheels are done so to speak, see Chieftain no34.

Hope this helps

Charles
Chieftain No.34, functional. PKW IV (2002), operational. Panther G No.18 (2022), started, well some of it is. Series 1 4x4 No.28 and a Bailey Bridge.

John chamney

Post by John chamney »

Thanks Charles for the reply , did you need to thin the paint down ? How many ltrs of paint do you think it will need , thanks

Regards John

Charles A Stewart
Has liked: 477 times
Been liked: 880 times

Post by Charles A Stewart »

Hi John.

I bought 2.5 ltrs. So far it has covered the lower half of the Chieftain and was a base coat for the Toylander.
Nato gr 1.jpg
Toylander 2.jpg
. The 1980's "Bone dome" is fairly weathered, age, use(miss), faded and chipped etc. but hopefully offers a comparison.

As to mixing paint, I have, as a plastic modeler gone by the "consistency of milk" formula. Have you had a look through the Knowledge Base on the forum?

After all that I still have just over half a can of NATO gr.

Cheers Charles

PS Its to cold to paint at present, well here anyway.
Chieftain No.34, functional. PKW IV (2002), operational. Panther G No.18 (2022), started, well some of it is. Series 1 4x4 No.28 and a Bailey Bridge.

John chamney

Post by John chamney »

Thanks for that Charles , I too have gone for the same paint and it’s left me a bit concerned as too how Matt it is , in that I would say it has a sheen to it ! , anyone else thought the same ? Or am I that unlucky that they sent me a satin in a Matt tin . Any thoughts thanks.

John