Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 1703 times

Notek Light

Post by Vince Cutajar »

A few days ago Yves said:
It is strange that there is no working notek light on the market,
like the working Bosch light. :roll:
This made me think that it could be a new project for me to draw. It is still a work in progress but have finally finished the top part.
Notek Light v6.jpg
Notek Light v7.jpg
Notek Light v8.jpg
Still have to work on the leg but there is a good chance that a miniature or sub-miniature led can be used as the light source. The biggest problem I have is that I am not sure that the dimensions of the unit are correct. I only found a mention on the internet that it is 170mm wide and 235mm long (I am assuming this is referring to the hood). So I had to do a lot of guessing. Also, due to the small details, it will not print properly with a normal filament printer. It might work with a liquid resin printer but will not be able to try it myself as I do not have a need for a Notek light. A commercial printer like Shapeways or iMaterialize in Belgium could be used.

Need to go and work on the Notek leg now. Will be back when finished.

Vince

florian rudolf
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 632 times

Re: Notek Light

Post by florian rudolf »

Thats a good start Vince,

you think you'll do that in metal?! :D

Roy Beukeveld
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 118 times

Post by Roy Beukeveld »

Hi Vince, as printing is concerned, it might be printed well in metal, the metal powder printers can handle a lot of detail.
And since it is metal it can be processed afterwords if needed.
Shapeways (among others I think) offers this service.
Kind regards,
Roy

simon_manning
Been liked: 1574 times

Post by simon_manning »

Good Topic Vince, This item has to be made of Metal, they always are placed in a vulnerable position on the vehicles, where they get knocked, i have had plastic and white metal versions and all brake to easily, an after market working, steel, Brass,cast notek would be a great addition to the 1/6 Tank Hobby, as steve winstone's front Bosch headlight, strong, well made, regards simon manning.

Vince Cutajar

Post by Vince Cutajar »

Thanks guys for the comments. I agree that ideally it should be printed in metal but I am not knowledgeable enough to say what sort of finish one gets. As an experiment I uploaded the above file on the i.materialize website and was surprised that if it had to be printed in steel the above part would cost 20 euro without delivery. In brass or aluminium the price goes up to around 55 euro.

Vince

Vince Cutajar

Post by Vince Cutajar »

3D drawing of Notek light unit finished. Below are a couple of diagrams with some basic dimensions in mm. As I said earlier I have no idea if these are correct for a 1/6th scale model.
Notek Light 1.jpg
Notek Light 2.jpg
Some more pictures of the unit.
Notek Light 3.jpg
Notek Light 4.jpg
The unit will be in two parts for ease of printing and also to install the light and wires. They will have to be bonded together.
Notek Light 5.jpg
Notek Light 6.jpg
The through hole in the leg is 3mm in diameter for the wires. I have seen leds so small that they can actually pass through this hole.
As I said, the files have not been tested so use them at your own risk. One can choose which method of printing as there are many options. Also the electrical part is up to you. Just don't use a filament lamp if you are printing in plastic because of the heat produced by the lamp.

The two files are free for personal use only. If you want them send me a private message with your email address.

Vince

florian rudolf
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 632 times

Post by florian rudolf »

Vince Cutajar wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:49 pm
Thanks guys for the comments. I agree that ideally it should be printed in metal but I am not knowledgeable enough to say what sort of finish one gets. As an experiment I uploaded the above file on the i.materialize website and was surprised that if it had to be printed in steel the above part would cost 20 euro without delivery. In brass or aluminium the price goes up to around 55 euro.

Vince
Well the notek from armorpax cost about 11.50 punds. - Round 17,00€ without shipping, and function at all... - so about 40-50€ for a scale made notek with function might be ok.

Michael Röder
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Michael Röder »

Hello Vince!
Great work!
I think the drawing was much work and not easy.
Greetings from Germany
Michael

steve winstone
Been liked: 46 times

Post by steve winstone »

Hi,

I've checked dimensions against an original Notek I recently purchased and are correct for 1/6 scale.

My intention is to produce a 3d model and send out for casting in brass, many thanks Vince for agreeing to supply file ....a few pics of my original.
IMG-20201112-WA0000_compress62.jpg
IMG-20201112-WA0001_compress1.jpg
IMG-20201112-WA0002_compress43.jpg
Regards
Steve
Last edited by steve winstone on Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yves mouton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 514 times

Post by yves mouton »

Hello Steve,

Can you also suplay the rear notek light?

Best regards Yves

Vince Cutajar

Post by Vince Cutajar »

Just to make the drawing complete I added the Notek sign on top of the hood. Just to give an idea of size, the outside diameter is 5mm and it is 0.1mm thick.
Notek Light v10.jpg
Vince

simon_manning

Post by simon_manning »

Vince, Steve, it would be great if this part is produced the same as your superb Bosch Headlight, you can count me in for several when made, an item that is needed in 1/6 scale, good luck on this venture, regards simon.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1182 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Managed to grab a few hours at home today so just long enough to get this printed and cleaned.

20201115_195210.jpg

I've left it to dry off and will do the final clean up and cure tomorrow hopefully.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

simon_manning

Post by simon_manning »

Looking good Adrian, i slogged for hour's on making mine, what a result if they go into production, a massive time saver, well done, regards simon.

Michael Röder
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Michael Röder »

Hello!

I also did a test print yesterday. Without much effort in the support settings, it worked immediately.
Unfortunately, the Notek logo was not available in my file.
Thanks again to Vince for his work.
Attachments
20201115_194854.jpg