KT 40

Forum for discussion relating to the King Tiger
Charles A Stewart
Has liked: 435 times
Been liked: 781 times

KT 40

Post by Charles A Stewart »

36 road wheels, 1152 parts, not to mention individual ops/wheel.
I am only learning by the way and currently rationalising the KT parts for storage as I would like to complete Chieftain first.
However I am finding something call "mission creep" with both projects, i.e put hull together( dry fit), armopax, eBay, KT tracks, etc.

I do like the annodized track though, where in the UK can get this stuff?

Cheers all
Charles
Chieftain No.34, functional. PKW IV (2002), operational. Panther G No.18 (2022), started, well some of it is. Series 1 4x4 No.28 and a Bailey Bridge.

John Clarke
Been liked: 1622 times

Re: KT 40

Post by John Clarke »

I've got Chieftain stashed all round the house at the moment.

I Really need to sort that out. Starting two models would drive me round further the twist.

How far are you with the Chieftain. :?:
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

Charles A Stewart

Thanks John, for your reply.

I will post on the Chieftain forum. Chieftain things here, I believe we will get into trouble.

However, cracked the photo thingy!

Anyway what I now have is a very expensive (themed?) storage box until it is time for the build.

I will as the evenings draw in, clean, prime etc. sub assemblies, but not yet.

Cheers Charles
Attachments
IMG_2546.jpg
Chieftain No.34, functional. PKW IV (2002), operational. Panther G No.18 (2022), started, well some of it is. Series 1 4x4 No.28 and a Bailey Bridge.

Charles A Stewart

Hi all,

La'al progress due to VCG, many will suffer this, its also holding up Chieftain too, sorry "VERY COLD GARAGE".

If this is old news then fair play and apologies. I recently had a circular from "AVIATION BOOK CENTRE", Supertiger, reprint £55 & Jagdtiger @£35.

Cheers all

Charles

Charles A Stewart

Good evening all.

Confession time: I bought a milling machine in January, it was a second(bought & rejected), however repaired & a lot cheaper than a new one. It will doo for what I am doing. Where am I going with this you wonder?

Presently rationalizing the workshop/garage, so I have taken the opportunity to have a go at detailing the bottom of the KT (I fear John Clarke's mirror) and get some practice with the milling machine. Once done It will be moved out of the way so I can move back onto the Chieftain.
And so it starts 2022.jpg
On a recent visit to the Tank Museum I was able to obtain some photos of the various belly plates/access hatches, see below
Water drain 1.JPG
This is the water drain. Has anyone a picture of what was attached via the six bolt holes?

Take care all.

Charles

Charles A Stewart

Good evening all.

Been working on the belly plate of the KT, with the help of these two emotionless, though focused characters. Also had a go at simulating welds in milliput. Good thing here is it will be difficult to see when the tank is completed :D
Boys at work 1 (2).jpg
Bosys at work 2 (2).jpg
I did cheat a bit as I found pre cut discs on a well known buy/selling site which save some work.

The rear panel does not fit correctly, AT have supplied me with a replacement. Once I have sorted out the lower hull (get bored with filing) it will be back to the Chieftain.

Take care, have fun.

Charles

PS That spanner does fit M3 bolts.

PPS Jacking pads, if that's right will be fitted when belly plate & lower hull all satisfactory.

Charles A Stewart

Hi Folks.

Just to say I have now sold No.40.

Cheers
Charles

John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Hope KT has gone to a good home, a bargain, should have been snapped up weeks ago.

Since the two cybermen are now out of a job, I've given them a chance on Chieftain. but they'll have to up their game! :lol:
SAM_2179.JPG

Charles A Stewart

Hoy you!

I'm sending the taxi. These guy have enough work to do here my good man :-P
The doors  are open chaps.
The doors are open chaps.
Cheers

Charles

PS I don't know how long this comedy/drivel could go on :roll:

John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Darn it, those chaps were just starting to get the hang of it, Now I'm left with this guy, useless, aggressive and keeps dropping the sonic screwdriver! :roll:
SAM_2180.JPG
PS well I'm booked up here for a couple of years at this rate. :lol: