Mick's Grant

Forum for discussion relating to the M3 Lee nd Grant Medium Tank
Derek Attree
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Mick's Grant

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi Mick
Keep up the good work still watching with interest.
I am still finishing my Famo and PaK 43 but have the Lee
sitting waiting.
I bought the special Lee gun pack but it came in the old style silver boxes so will be interesting
to see how that works out when I get round to it.

Probably in the spring now as my workshop is so cold the penguins have returned for the winter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions

michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by michael hilton »

Derek you have lots of modeling on the go. The space available inside the M3 looks fine until you come to fit the options. The red box units are smaller and I like the look. I almost went for the Special Options, then changed my mind. It looks like I will need to install using some sort of shelf.
The earlier silver modules will fit I am sure, and both give similar results. I would like to install my units next. I have reached the stage where I need to hear the M3. The engine sounds great, once Kian has my guns working and the M/Gs flash I will be good to go. I remember your Comet build was a great inspiration for me. regards Mick.
Attachments
IMG_1668.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Just tinkering at the edges..... :wink: Mick
Attachments
IMG_1672.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good evening men, following my Option Pack problems I returned my Audio Module to Armortek..... The Module arrived back today, so with some trepidation I reconnected the 'Option Packs' for testing.
If you all cast your minds back, my 75mm and 37mm guns were somewhat laid back....no thump. My M/G LEDs would not flash....etc,.

Hold your breath gents...success. I'm the type of guy who has faith in all things, given time. My thanks to Armortek and those who 'jumble' all these options together, and produce the sounds I love to hear. :)
Attachments
IMG_1681.JPG
I know exactly what goes where...
I know exactly what goes where...

Phil Woollard
Has liked: 2223 times
Been liked: 6945 times

Post by Phil Woollard »

Nice to get that lot sorted I bet, I had spaghetti for dinner tonight too! 8) great work Mick.
Mechanical engineer.
2 Youtube channels, Phil Woollard and Magpiespyro. Facebook/ Phil Woollard.
Commission builds considered. Pm for my email.

Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 1700 times

Post by Vince Cutajar »

Great news Michael.

Vince

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning everyone, and thank you Vince.
Advice required. I have installed the option units, loads of room in the Grant hull.
I have a Spektrum DX8 bound with a six channel AR610 Spektrum receiver. The options are working fine so I do not want to disturb the layout.
I purchased a receiver controlled Turnigy on/off switch to control the front lights. I set the lights up on a separate Tx and Rx, so I know they work okay.
The question is, can I power the Turnigy on/off switch through the already installed modules.?
I have already used up all the six channels on my Rx.
I have browsed Utube and I can see it is possible to add a further receiver however. I would prefer using the Rx that is already installed.....Mick
Attachments
IMG_1682.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning everyone, subject for today.....locating the turret. I noticed while fitting the turret, that the four location holes in the turret base are drilled and 'tapped' to M5. The four locating bolts used in the bearing ring are M4x30 with a M4 half nut. Is there a need for the turret locating holes to be tapped ?. This turret mounting system is in the standard format...just wandering if I have missed a trick here....as the M4 bolt threads 'bind' on the M5 threads.... :roll: Monday Monday....am I making any sense..... Mick
Attachments
IMG_1683.JPG

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Post by Armortek »

michael hilton wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:13 am
I have already used up all the six channels on my Rx.
I have browsed Utube and I can see it is possible to add a further receiver however. I would prefer using the Rx that is already installed.....Mick
If you have already used all the channels on your receiver then, you will need another receiver for the switch.
The only other option would be to use a RC "y" cable off one of your existing channels, but that would make the lights come on together with another action (like lights on when you drive or when you slew or elevate the gun)

Kian
Armortek

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Post by Armortek »

michael hilton wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:30 am
Good morning everyone, subject for today.....locating the turret. I noticed while fitting the turret, that the four location holes in the turret base are drilled and 'tapped' to M5. The four locating bolts used in the bearing ring are M4x30 with a M4 half nut. Is there a need for the turret locating holes to be tapped ?. This turret mounting system is in the standard format...just wandering if I have missed a trick here....as the M4 bolt threads 'bind' on the M5 threads.... :roll: Monday Monday....am I making any sense..... Mick
That's how the kit was designed - The M5 holes make it a little easier to get the turret in place, whilst the threads bind to add some resistance to prevent the turret lifting up too easily.
Armortek

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 218 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

Mick, your best option is to get an eight channel receiver off ebay, not that expensive but don't buy from the uk too expensive. Or you can get get a channel splitter which converts one channel in to six but it is not easy to operate. You cannot use an additional receiver because with Spektrum both receivers have to be identical in order to bind so you would still only have 6 channels.

Dennis.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning Kian, thank you for your reply and advice. All understood, as I have a spare Spektrum receiver I will bind that to my DX8 transmitter and use a switching channel for the lights. Ok on the turret setup, again I can follow the thinking behind the turret holes and locating bolts.
I have to say considering the weight of the turret, the rotation is very smooth and light...best wishes, Mick

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 218 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

Is your spare receiver an 8 channel Mick ? If not I just looked Ebay and 8 channel receiver for £20 free postage.

Dennis.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Dennis, thanks for your reply. I had already tried binding the second receiver. It did not work as expected...but I thought it was just me, so I asked the question. I will go for the other option and purchase an 8 channel receiver...don't spoil the ship for a halfpenny worth of tar. I like these little additions, gives the children at the shows something to point at while hanging on to their parents coat tails :roll: Nice to hear from you Dennis, best wishes....Mick.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Make sure you buy an 8 channel receiver which has the Spektrum logo showing on it.

Any without are Chinese fakes and could cause you unexpected issues.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module