Mick's Grant

Forum for discussion relating to the M3 Lee nd Grant Medium Tank
michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 814 times

Re: Mick's Grant

Post by michael hilton »

Hello everyone, lovely morning here in Mid-Wales. The M3 is about ready for a final touch up and decals. A most satisfying build.
Researching ' air brushing for beginners' time to raid the piggy bank. Busy following the various Forum builds.
If I go for the down the 'Air Brush' route.....come the Spring, and it's into the garage with the Panther for a re-paint....Mick
Attachments
IMG_1720.JPG
IMG_1719.JPG

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 701 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Looks fantastic Mick, you have added a great deal of details to that model. Eye candy for sure.
Best regards, Bob

Phil Woollard
Has liked: 2223 times
Been liked: 6945 times

Post by Phil Woollard »

She looks just great Mick 8) The airbrush will drive you mad but you will wonder how you ever did without it!
Mechanical engineer.
2 Youtube channels, Phil Woollard and Magpiespyro. Facebook/ Phil Woollard.
Commission builds considered. Pm for my email.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning everyone, part of my side fence was blown down overnight, small potato's compared to some parts of this sceptered isle.
Thanks for all your kind comments. Just about ready to begin the Panther repaint. I am inspired by the period called 'Operation Nordwind'
I first spotted this event in WW2 on the internet, and while looking forward to build more interest at the 'shows' this year. All events I attend are generally static, so to provide a more interesting display I will construct a bridge of sorts, and drive the Panther up and over the bridge...…
I already have the basic structure built, this should provide some interest and there is always a risk I will inadvertently drive the model off the side :roll: Must check my insurance is up to date....Mick
Attachments
Winter camo, practice part, Panther rear deck
Winter camo, practice part, Panther rear deck

Peter Silcock
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Peter Silcock »

That's a practice part? Don't think you'll have any difficulty painting the Grant! :D

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Go for it Mick! 8)
Mechanical engineer.

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 218 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

Hi Mick,

This is a bridge I built quite a few years ago and we still use it at shows today although it looks a bit more battered now. It has been used on several occasions as a repair bench as many members on this forum will know.

Dennis.

DSC_0123.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello everyone, it crossed my mind that the repaint of the Panther should be under Mick's Panther, not Mick's Grant, logic wins every time. My fault. :oops:

Derek Attree
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi Mick

Good plan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning everyone, well there you go....completed the Panther repaint, it's back under a dust cover for the time being, still far to 'cold' for her ladyship to transfer to the garage
To continue with the M3 Grant build....mostly completed. I fired her up and happy to say, all sound and motion systems are go. Mainly continuing with the markings. Other than that, following all the Forum builds and continuing to isolate....oh and thinking about what to build next :roll: Keep safe and well everyone....Mick
Attachments
IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1766.JPG

John Clarke
Been liked: 1622 times

Post by John Clarke »

Hi Mick, the Grants looking great. Are you sure that's not a model life boat hiding under the sheet, a cunning camouflage plan to keep another model in the house :lol:
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello John, well spotted, hiding under my work bench...the Rolls Royce and.....a kit I purchased earlier last year, OTW Designs radio control kit of the X51 Midget Submarine. To 1/12 scale. length 54" 6.3/4 beam. Model tanks keep getting in the way :lol: Best wishes John, following you build...Mick

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Now a landing craft! There's an idea. Love the Grant Mick keep it coming. 8)
Mechanical engineer.

John Clarke
Been liked: 1622 times

Post by John Clarke »

Sorry off subject, If I say Great Grant again and need a picture of the completed Panther tooo I should be ok :oops:

Hey :shock: I'm building OTW X53, Stalled a bit with the WTC,(Water Tight Chamber) building my own.
OTW manufactured ones are a bit pricey for what they are. (Though Iv'e got one in my 66" Nautilus) (name dropper).

My X53 was slightly started and sadly arrived in right poor state. :cry: Some thing to do when I have more time, (fat chance there with the UC coming out) still it's the thought that counts.

I always think of model submarining in the local fishing pool is "like flying a model glider in the dark, you might get glimpse every now and then".

Picture show someone else's model and mine on arrival
Attachments
20180413_141615.jpg
CroppedImage750326-X51Finished640.jpg
CroppedImage750326-X51Finished640.jpg (40.62 KiB) Viewed 6555 times
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning John, I purchased the complete kit and dive system from OTW last year. Drilled most of the flooding holes, however the Grant was forever in my mind. Eventually gave in and purchased the M3. Never looked back, a most enjoyable build.
If I live long and prosper maybe revisit the X51, who knows....Beginning to warm towards the Stug, a manageable size for a limited space. I have to hide these models somewhere....stay home and have a nice day...Mick