Mick's Panther A

Forum for discussion relating to the Panther
Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 977 times
Been liked: 2045 times

Re: Mick's Panther A

Post by Stephen White »

Bravo, Mick, you’ve done a great job. The detail really stands out. The acrylic will seal it all. To seal or not isn’t an easy decision. Sealing it means protection for all your efforts but it can also alter the weathering. It’s not advisable if you’ve used pigments as the interaction is unpredictable and can materially alter or completely mask the pigment effects. With paint or oil based weathering, it’s generally predicable and safe.

Very handsome a panther ready to hit the road...might need some temporary white camouflage though?

Stephen

michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by michael hilton »

Thank you Stephen, I only used acrylic paints for the wash and filter, so to be on the safe side I used the acrylic matt varnish. quick dry in seconds, by Humbrol.
Made a start painting the 'tools' I will try some light weathering.....becoming an addiction, Oh and it's snowing....Mick
Attachments
IMG_1120.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning merry men, sunshine at last. On the final lap with my Panther. I have to say a most enjoyable build. The weathering has been a whole new experience. I am encouraged by the results and the help I have received particularly from Phil and Stephen. Any model builders who are contemplating ' weathering ' their pride and joy....go ahead, it's well worth the effort....Mick
Attachments
IMG_1121.JPG
IMG_1125.JPG
IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1131.JPG
IMG_1128.JPG
IMG_1124.JPG
IMG_1122.JPG

simon_manning
Been liked: 1574 times

Post by simon_manning »

i like it mick, very good regards simon manning.

Paul Morris
Been liked: 68 times

Post by Paul Morris »

Hello Mick.
Well done indeed she looks very smart.
Cheers Paul. :wink:
Paul's Tank Workshop. Complete Tank builds and re builds zimmerit and paint to museum quality standard. pjtigerman@aol.com
01524 720977
https://www.facebook.com/PaulsTankWorkshop

David Stewart
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 11 times

Post by David Stewart »

Lovely work Mick, you have a very nice Panther there.

Quick question, where did you get the MG42 for the cuppola mount from?

Cheers

David
Armortek 2010 Mid Tiger 1

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Thank you for your replies and comments chaps. A 'well done' on the Forum is praise indeed. David, the MG was purchased on Ebay, if my memory serves me, a seller in Hong Kong 'qqmodels' cost around £10.99. post free. Arrived within two weeks, no taxes. The cupola mount is by Armorpax, as many of my upgrades are....Mick

David Brady
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 621 times

Post by David Brady »

Nice job Michael, your best yet!....what's next

Cheers

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Thank you David, not sure, lots of options...so very little time, although I do have a grandfather, uncles and cousins who lived into their nineties :wink: At the moment just enjoying the Panther, showing it off to my great grandson this morning.....what's a 'tank', granddad ? :roll:
Once again some very fine builds on the Forum, I will follow and learn....Mick.
Attachments
IMG_1135.JPG
IMG_1136.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 701 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Looks great Mick. Very unique camo scheme. Excellent job weathering it. Looks superb.
Bob

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Bob and thank you for your comments. I spotted the 'splinter camouflage' and to be honest....it had a certain look which was quite unique. The paint application was applied using 'rattle cans'. I was also able mask the straight edges quite easily. In all, a most enjoyable build. I am already feeling that certain itch....I suspect one more build coming on....addictive or what :roll: Mick

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Well me hearties, that's just about that. I have got fidgety...I need something to do, gardening out of the question. Browsing through Armortek's kits, I am sorely tempted and easily lead. Waiting on hospital scans, if all is well I will have to bite the bullet :) Mick
Attachments
Antenna and tow ropes fitted....
Antenna and tow ropes fitted....

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning each, due to a senior moment, I forgot to fit the MG to my Panther. Fortunately Phil Woollard came to my rescue and quickly produced a very nicely turned MG barrel with LED fitted and plenty of wiring, plus a futaba plug. Thank you Phil, MG is now fitted and tested, all is well. I am hoping to build the Armortek Rolls Royce Armoured Car next ....all being well....Mick
Attachments
IMG_1144.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Morning, the weather is, as usual for a Bank Holiday, awful. So, with my heart in my mouth I decided to download the Panther from the bench. :roll:
At my time of life this was always going to be traumatic.... As things turned out, apart from a brief period of ' palpitations ' and shortness of breath, all is well, and the old girl is safely on the floor. Workbench cleared in readiness for the Rolls Royce build, very exciting times we live in.....Mick
Attachments
IMG_1145.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG
IMG_1148.JPG

Phil Woollard
Has liked: 2223 times
Been liked: 6945 times

Post by Phil Woollard »

What is it that you say to me " Where do you get the Time"? :D :D Cant wait for your next build, the RR will be very interesting indeed! I have an LED for you just waiting for that machine gun.

Kind regards Phil.
Mechanical engineer.
2 Youtube channels, Phil Woollard and Magpiespyro. Facebook/ Phil Woollard.
Commission builds considered. Pm for my email.