Quad, Mick, for the use of.

Forum for discussion relating to the Morris Quad
Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 218 times

Re: Quad, Mick, for the use of.

Post by Dennis Jones »

Glad you sorted it Mick. If you don't want the AR600E receiver I will probably buy it off you sometime.

Dennis.

michael hilton
Has liked: 1530 times
Been liked: 814 times

Post by michael hilton »

All peace and quiet on the home front. The little chap is far to noisy for me....
Hello Peter, you are so right, it pays to sit back and give the problem some thought...
Hello Dennis, I will try to 'bind' the AR600e again, if it will not bind, you are welcome to the receiver. I have read that there are fake AR600e around.....I think mine is more to do with incompatibility issues.
The voice over commands are 'interesting' on the Quads sounds programme..... :)
All being well I expect to install the electronics this week.
On second thoughts, I will probably route all the wiring through the hole already made in the floor, by extending the wire runs, and use cable 'tidies'. The switches/charging lead/remote start can then be relocated somewhere in the rear cab area....Mick
Attachments
Known as 'A tangle of wires'
Known as 'A tangle of wires'

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Still waiting for delivery of the winch cable I ordered, lost in the post I would guess ?....meanwhile I had a clear out and shift around, ( although you would hardly believe it ).
There are many wonderful and interesting builds ongoing, I am amazed at the achievements, the skill levels are magnificent, well done lads......
Attachments
Find the SdKFz 251....and before you ask Adrian, no prizes
Find the SdKFz 251....and before you ask Adrian, no prizes

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Quad builders....here is a mistake I made earlier....I forgot or missed fitting the winch 'cable' and consequently had to disassemble the motion/audio/batteries/smoker etc, :oops: The cable is 3mm rope spray painted.....Mick
Attachments
IMG_0732.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Dennis, the winch on the Quad is so geared to rotate extremely slowly, you have time to make a cup of tea for one revolution. On my DX6 it appeared as if by magic on toggle switch 'D', so as not to confuse myself I left it there. :D.....Mick

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Welcome to the Forum Fabian. Hello all, sorting the wiring out for a cleaner look. Thought I would run the smoker and sounds. Come on 'gels', or is it just me....?
Attachments
New piston rings needed.....
New piston rings needed.....

Peter Silcock
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Peter Silcock »

Doubt whether it would pass an emissions test- new O2 sensor perhaps?

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Peter, too true....if I remember correctly, blue smoke denotes the engine is burning oil....white smoke means incomplete combustion....go figure :roll: I finally decided to route and extend all of the wiring for remote/smoker/motion module/charging etc, through the indicated hole and into the equipment boxes under the crew cabin floor.....Mick
Attachments
IMG_0738.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Marking time at the moment....living out in the 'sticks' I am awaiting delivery of EC5s, silicone wire, grommets, etc,. I started re-routing the wiring with switches, to appear in the equipment boxes. This looks to be the most convenient location. Extending the wiring and so on....
Attachments
Temporary fit of the speaker, with extra wire....
Temporary fit of the speaker, with extra wire....

Peter Silcock

Post by Peter Silcock »

Its coming on Michael and a very neat job too. Its always a bit frustrating when you run out of wire connectors and such. If I remember correctly Thomas on his site recommends twisted wire to the speakers from the sound card. I cant remember why - was never much good at physics. Might be worth a quick check.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

> twisted wire to the speakers from the sound card

Modern "Class D" amplifiers create the audible sound signal by modulating a high frequency digital signal. The digital signal is in the 250kHz range, so is not audible to the human ear but it can cause interference to other digital devices, as the speaker wires can act as antennas.

High end amplifiers use filters to remove this digital signal before it leaves the amplifier board but cheaper ones sometimes use the inductance of the speaker coils as part of the filtering.

By twisting the speaker wires together, there is a cancellation effect, which reduces the transmission of the signal.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 218 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

A fountain of knowledge our Adrian !!

Dennis.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Thank you Peter and Adrian, I can follow your thoughts and recommendations. There is sufficient twisted wire for the speakers. I increased the length of the speaker wire somewhat to route these cables, Speaker/Steering Servo/Motor through a 'cable tidy' Thanks again lads. All being well I should have the wiring sorted over the weekend :roll: ...Mick

Peter Silcock

Post by Peter Silcock »

By twisting the speaker wires together, there is a cancellation effect, which reduces the transmission of the signal.

Adrian.[/quote]
Ah that explains it Adrian - thanks for clarifying.

Martin Taylor
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Martin Taylor »

Hi Mick, Can you advise how you fixed the end of the winch cable to the cable drum or I am I missing something obvious?? I intend to use 1.5mm wire rope. Also what is the correct fitting for the "outboard" end of the cable eg.hook/loop ?? and is there a known supplier of such bits?
All help gratefully received.
Martin