Jagdpanther 013

Forum for discussion relating to the Jagdpanther
Kevin Tomkinson
Been liked: 12 times

Jagdpanther 013

Post by Kevin Tomkinson »

After a huge effort I have finally managed to remove all the pld paint and more importantly all the sticky goop that was under it. I think that at some time in the past someone tried to apply zimmerit and gave up. Then someone coated it with a tar like substance that just clogged any form of abrasive. Both these coatings had to be shaved off with a wood chisel before sanding could do any good. Eventually got back to bare metal then applied two coats of 2 pack etching primer which is how it appears in the attached photos.Spent most of today taking out all the old electronics and installing brand new kit from Gill and Mark. Watch this space for developements as I continue with the paint job and upgrade.
My eternal thanks to Gill for her patience and quick responses to my enquiries and calls for help. Thanks also to Mark for sharing his knowledge and giving me a nudge in the right direction.
Attachments
JP2.jpg
JP3.jpg
JP1.jpg
Freedom is a privilege that must always be fought for.

Paul Morris
Been liked: 68 times

Re: Jagdpanther 013

Post by Paul Morris »

Hi Kevin
Well done mate ... I have tried that stripping back job a few times its no fun ..... looking good now though now your enjoyment of the model can start. :D
Cheers Paul. :wink:
Paul's Tank Workshop. Complete Tank builds and re builds zimmerit and paint to museum quality standard. pjtigerman@aol.com
01524 720977
https://www.facebook.com/PaulsTankWorkshop

Kevin Tomkinson
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Jagdpanther 013

Post by Kevin Tomkinson »

Thanks Paul. It has been a bit of a marathon but we are nearly there now.
Freedom is a privilege that must always be fought for.