T-34/76 Road Height

Forum for discussion relating to the T34
Bill Riedel

T-34/76 Road Height

Post by Bill Riedel »

Help! Does anyone have an easy way to get the T-34 down to a reasonable road height? With tracks on, the suspension springs set mid-way per Mark, My sprockets and idlers are a good 3/4's of an inch above the roadwheels and the tracks very, very tight.

The turret is not yet installed nor are the batteries but I just can't see how that will make that much difference. I had no problems with my Panther.

Thanks!

leesellars
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: T-34/76 Road Height

Post by leesellars »

Hello Bill

The ride hieght on the T34 is high. If you have the tracks slack like it is on the Real one the tracks will ride over the sprocket and you will go nowhere. Even with full wieght that is what you have. Also as with these models there is no wieght to them and the tension on the tracks is nothing like the real thing.
It will get a bit better when they are bedded in but not a lot.

Lee
http://www.Facebook.com/newthorpemodels
Dont hit me so early in the morning with those negative waves.
Listen carefully i shall say this only once.
If its not broke dont fix it.
Ich Hatt Einen Kameraden

Günter Gäbelein
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Günter Gäbelein »

Hello Bill,

I used shorter springs to get the T34 down. I have testet the model and the suspension is working very well. It is still a little bit to high, but looks much better. Now it is also easy to mount the tracks.

Kind regards
Günter

Bill Riedel

Post by Bill Riedel »

I wish mine looked like that. With the rear angle and the motors installed I could never get back to open the last set of spring covers.

John Davie
Been liked: 15 times

Post by John Davie »

Hi Bill,

Just seen your 'concerns'.

I think you'll find it will bed in and look fine after use. I built mine with the standard dpring settings and if you look at my build thread and see how it looked when it was first built with the tracks being very very tight and high, and compare that to how it is now after it has been 'used'
IMG_0995.JPG
I think you'll find this looks OK now.

John
John.
ARMORTEK: SdKfz 7, 88mm Flak36, 222, Sherman, Comet, T34, Firefly, Centurion, MarkIV, Limber, 25 Pdr, Pak 43, 17 Pdr.
Plus others!

Bill Riedel

Post by Bill Riedel »

Thank-you John. I went out and bought my batteries today as I have just about completed all the basic building. I got the same 20 Ah batteries I put in my Panther, knowing that everything will be a very tight fit. I really don't care so much about an "accurate" road height as much as just the tracks coming down close to the road wheels.