WELDS FOR T34-85

Forum for discussion relating to the T34
Ian Rodney
Been liked: 53 times

WELDS FOR T34-85

Post by Ian Rodney »

Hi All,

Had a go at some welding on my T34/85 kit, using Rapid Bond Metal Epoxy from B&Q. Not bad stuff to use but you got to move fast before it goes hard!

Cheers
Ian
from Glasgow, Scotland
Attachments
WELDING AROUND THE DRIVE HOUSE.jpg
ROUGH WELDING UNDERNEATH.jpg
WELDS.jpg
T34-85 WELDS.jpg

Tim Bowman
Been liked: 177 times

Re: WELDS FOR T34-85

Post by Tim Bowman »

Hi Ian

Welds look great! Nice job.

kind regards
Tim
"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad." – Erwin Rommel

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1386 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Good looking welds Ian.

> but you got to move fast before it goes hard!

I've used JB Rapid a few times but that's going stiff before you've even mixed it properly. Because of the colour it goes when mixed, it reminds me of just melted chocolate.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Ian Rodney
Been liked: 53 times

Post by Ian Rodney »

Hi Tim & Adrian,

Thanks for your encouraging comments on my attempts at 'Welding' I know that I don't need to be so neat and tidy on the T34s as one does on the German tanks etc....But I'm pleased with my results so far and will be continuing my weldings on the upper hull and elsewhere.....
As long as I can keep moving fast using the Rapid bond metal epoxy, I should get better welds done. Mind you some of welds do end up on the floor if I move to fast?

I also use Milliput on others areas that won't get he same pressure, rough treatment like the Rapid bond on areas that will get a good bashing when the tank is on the move on rough ground etc....of course using Milliput, you get a far long time to handle it, and getting it into place!

Still it's fun creating welds, and I myself appreciate all you guys and girls out there creating your own welding methods as I've seen on the Forum.

Cheers
Ian