Panzer 4 #033

Forum for discussion relating to the Panzer IV
Robert E Morey
Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 701 times

Panzer 4 #033

Post by Robert E Morey »

Happy day on Tuesday when UPS delivered Panzer 4 #033 to my door. Looks like a great model. I'm looking forward to building it. I don't know how long I can hold out before starting it (I have a few other projects to complete first). Thanks to those builders who have posted their great P4 builds before me!

Best regards, Bob

Bodo Langbehn
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Panzer 4 #033

Post by Bodo Langbehn »

Hi Bob,

I always admire your skill and there is no doubt for me, that you will build a masterpiece!!

Bodo

Nick Farrugia

Post by Nick Farrugia »

HI Bob
loking forward to your build already ,carnt wait to see some progress on it . I will be waiting for your posts and johns to see how it should be done :) .
all the best,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nick

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

It will be good to see you do something from the dark side of the force :lol:

Please don't stop with the M3 though :!: :!:

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Günter Gäbelein
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 103 times

Post by Günter Gäbelein »

Hi Bob,

congratulation to the Panzer IV. Do you have already plans, which version you will build?
Kind regards
Günter

John Fitzsimons
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 365 times

Post by John Fitzsimons »

Looking forward to seeing it go together. Good luck and start soon.

Robert E Morey

Post by Robert E Morey »

Gosh thanks for all the nice comments guys - even before I get started! :oops: :oops: :oops: So cool to have tank enthusiast friends all over the world.

Gunter: I'm planning an H or J model from the Normandy time frame. With Schurtzen on turret and hull. I was hoping to buy a pair of early style rear idlers from you to save me some work. :roll: :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll:

Adrian; no worries about stopping on the M5, I always have about 10 projects going at one time. :D
Happy building everyone,
Bob
Last edited by Robert E Morey on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John Fitzsimons

I think mine will be either H or J also, Probably H as I am lazy. Normandy to go with Tiger. Did they have the early idlers?

Robert E Morey

Post by Robert E Morey »

Hi all,
Its been ages since I posted anything. :(

I could not stand looking at the boxes for my Panzer 4 any longer, so I decided to start. I began work on the wheels. Trying to wade through the awful new Photobucket to post photos. I did some "Mr Dremeling" to remove the machine marks between the flutes of the wheels. Also added the grease fitting to the hubcap with an #0-80 x 1/8 screw. The other 6 screws are #1-72 x 5/16" flat head screws. When viewed from the front the screw should be the head only, so I will cut off the excess screw and sand them flush with the nut. I plan to epoxy all the screws into the hub cap. Also did a bit of deburring on the hub cap and chamferring on the lead in to the wheel - the caps screw in much easier now.

Not much progress, but at least I can say I started! :mrgreen:

Best regards, Bob

John Fitzsimons

Good to see you have made a start. Looking forward to your posts.

Robert E Morey

Post by Robert E Morey »

John,
Thanks for the reply. Your modifications have been a greet incentive for me to get going on my P4. Perhaps we can collaborate on making the shurtzen for these someday? Your bump stop brackets are really nice. Being white metal, do you think they will hold up ok with impact from the swing arm? They look fantastic. I was trying to figure a way to slim down the kit brackets to be more realistic but you nailed it.
Best regards,
Bob

John Fitzsimons

I think they will be O.K. Quite a lot of metal in them. I was going to make them in brass but got lazy. If they fail I might make brass ones. I do not drive the tanks much anyway.
When assembling the hull there are a couple of screws to retain the gear case that need to be fitted from inside the hull plate. Cannot get them in after the hull is assembled.