King Tiger Build

Forum for discussion relating to the King Tiger
Chang
Has liked: 14958 times
Been liked: 372 times

Post by Chang »

A very impressive KT Simon, even with so many KTs already shown in this forum, yours is still outstanding. :shock:
After the initial test driving, have you adjusted the left front mud guard shape? I have done so, otherwise the left track will keep on hitting it.
Thanks for sharing these photos.
Regards,
L Chang

chris fry
Been liked: 217 times

Post by chris fry »

hello Simon,

just echoing the other comments, very nice, are we going to see her at the open day!!,

cheers, chris.

Edward Earp, Jr.
Been liked: 1 time

KT bolts

Post by Edward Earp, Jr. »

Hello Simon ! I'm a rookie at this tank building business. Your photos and absoutely outstanding work just knocks me out !!! Man I gotta long way to go !!! Working on the wheels of my KT I found out right off that I had to make changes with the M2.5x30mm bolts......I kept stripping the threads ! You provided the answer to that problem ! Please tell me what bolts you are using to hold down the deck plates ? Something else. What's the best way to get Mikes jack mounted at the back of my KT?
Your photos as is said, are worth a thousand words !!!!
Thank you for your time and trouble. Ed Earp, Jr. KT # 50

simon_manning
Been liked: 1578 times

Post by simon_manning »

thank you all very much, i am pleased you like the build, chang the front mudgaurds are a bit tight to the tracks so you have to make the best of them as they are,, hi edward i have let the top deck just sit in place with no fixings, the weight of the turret holds it in situ for the amount i'm going to run the tank, also steve winston sells the jack brackets for the kingtiger at the correct angle. once again thanks for the encouragement, simon manning.

simon_manning
Been liked: 1578 times

Re: King Tiger Build

Post by simon_manning »

This is a project my friend has made for me for my king tiger turret. fastening clips for the shells to complete plus shell decals/ paintwork etc to follow. The shells are made from brass and aluminium and all the racks fold to scale as on the original. i am very pleased with the result.
regards Simon Manning
Attachments
P1130070 (1024x680).jpg
P1130060 (1024x680).jpg
P1130059 (1024x680).jpg

Brian Ostlind
Has liked: 956 times
Been liked: 2034 times

Post by Brian Ostlind »

This thread will be a great reference for future KT builders.

Andy Robinson
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Andy Robinson »

Hi simon good morning to you I hope you’re well I just wanted to say thank you for your help and advice on painting my new king tiger
When she arrives in January and for making myself and my brother feel very welcome as did every one from Armourtek we had a fantastic day so thanks once again Simon Andrew Robinson

Andy Robinson
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Andy Robinson »

hi simon
good evening to you I hope your keeping well I was wandering if you could take the time to answer a couple of questions on my king tiger firstly I have built and etch primed the lower hull but no suspension as yet so I was wandering when to do weld detail and if I need to remove top yet again lol before fitting suspension wheels tracks etc also ive etched primed hull so do I red oxide next then hairspray as you mentioned before then is grey with black highlights before applying camo also do I need to paint wheels and all components separately before fitting thanks in advace simon hope to see you again soon

Kenneth Hartsfield
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Kenneth Hartsfield »

This is a well presented review of the 2009 KT and laid out very clearly. Thanks Simon and I periodically come back to this particular thread for tips on my KT refit.

v/r
Ken