User Banned

Forum for Armortek Owners to Meet, chat and share knowledge. You are advised to check 'official advice' before carrying out any modifications.
Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3218 times

User Banned

Post by Armortek »

As part of our correspondence with the owner of Pershing no 22, he sent me some emails that he had exchanged with a couple of our forum members.

I am still not quite sure why he did that .... but, as a result of one of those emails, I have today banned a forum member from the US from the forum. It is one thing to disagree with me, but I do not find it acceptable to be insulting behind my back and then to still expect that we bend over backwards to help.

This individual has lied about us and spread various rumours over the years, but I have let it slide. For example, telling other customers that we don't carry spare parts anymore because we want to save costs - for the last tank that we made we are currently carrying over 15,000 individual spare parts. That adds to the over quarter of a million parts that we are already carrying. Or telling another customer that they overpaid for a kit because we had offered it to him for less - another lie.

It just seems bizarre that someone who claims to be so fond of the hobby had such malice towards the very thing that enabled his hobby.

Why am I sharing this information - well for a couple of reasons.

For one, given how this individual has behaved I am quite sure that he will be reaching out to some of you with his distain for me. I am fine with that, I don't need to be loved, but I don't appreciate lies being told about us. As I told him, he has his views - truth and facts be damned. I am quite sure he will spread stories or half-truths about us - all I would say is keep an open mind.

And secondly, I think it is easy for some people to forget that we are a small company of 5 people. Every one of us care about what we do and we work pretty damn hard to make sure that we doing the right thing and producing the best we can. Do we get everything right - nope, we certainly don't. Do we answer all emails or requests on time - also no. But how many of you have received emails from us 11 at night or over the weekends. There is a reason why we are the only company in the world doing what we do - and its not because others have not tried - it's because it is hard work to make it work. To then having someone behaving maliciously has a negative impact on all of us at Armortek - we are not a faceless organisation that does not give a crap.

And so he is banned.
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend in the UK!
Kian
Armortek

florian rudolf
Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 637 times

Re: User Banned

Post by florian rudolf »

Hello Kian,
I see Armortek as a family united by a hobby.
I am proud to be part of this family and am always happy when I meet family members and we can exchange ideas. - I'm happy to see part of the family at Overloon by the way :)
Of course I sometimes wait a little longer for an email response, or some parts are not perfect, but I see it as model building and a hobby. You still have to do something with the models and if an email isn't answered straight away, that's no reason for me and I think for everyone else to talk badly about this family in public.
So everything was done right Kian.

Greeting
Florian

simon_manning
Been liked: 1614 times

Post by simon_manning »

I have been a customer for nearly 20 years and enjoyed the products and the Friendships made, the effort that goes into produce these vehicles is immense and never really appreciated the production process until i saw it for myself, i have been more than satisfied with my relationship as a customer of Armortek, Regards simon manning.

Chris.Marshall
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Chris.Marshall »

Hello Kian,

As a relatively newcomer to the 'Family' I would also like to add my appreciation to everyone at AT and all the really super folk on the Forum. Rest assured we all value and support AT..... 8)

Chris.
Tiger 1 Early - (Kit42) - Still boxed.

Michael Allen
Has liked: 1006 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Michael Allen »

Kian

I couldn’t agree more. As a relative newbie with very little experience of building such models I couldn’t be more complimentary of the way I have been supported by Kian, Monique and the team.

Long may it continue and thanks for everything

Mick

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 269 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Well done Kian !!!
My experience of the customer service that you ( the Armortek team ) provide has been outstanding and cannot be faulted.

Aaron Taylor
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by Aaron Taylor »

I havent had an issue one ever even when I goof something up or needed advice I got help right away.

JerryBarnes
Been liked: 2 times

Post by JerryBarnes »

I have only purchased one of your tanks but I appreciate everything Monique did for me. I ordered on of your Sherman’s before they were even produced. While waiting for my order I came down with a case of cancer. I called to cancel my order and was told there would be no cancellation fee charged. It was very kind of you to do that. Over a year later and on treatment I decided I wanted to build a tank. To my surprise there was a Sherman not spoken for. My many questions were quickly answered by Monique. I did have a bad sound module that took some time to get resolved but eventually I was sent a new module.
Unresponsive email can be frustrating. I would suggest a quick response indicating you got the email but do not have the time to respond.
A very unique product you have developed and I’m sure you’ll have even more success in the future. Thankyou Jerry

Steve McEvoy
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Steve McEvoy »

Well done Kian. There is no need for anyone to bad mouth the Armortek company.I now have the pleasure of owning a few of your kits and yes I had a couple of issues but these were dealt with with with professionalism and respect from you all. I admit it can be frustrating not being able to get an answer on the phone but when you see the scale of operations that you guys do with just 5 people it is understandable. Personaly I like the challenges that building one of your kits bring. I also build some plastic model kits to keep my hand in and believe me there are more challenges and errors in the kits that are being produced by massive companies. All I can say is keep doing what you do, building exceptional kits.
Steve

Kenneth Hartsfield
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Kenneth Hartsfield »

Kian and Monique,

Thank you for all you have done, continue to do and will do in the future for this hobby. There is a part of the world's population that you can never satisfy and that's ok but when they go above and beyond to be rude, then you have to distance yourself from them as you have done. Enjoy the Holiday and continue to be the very best.

v/r
Ken