Me Quad.

Forum for discussion relating to the Morris Quad
simon_manning
Been liked: 1614 times

Re: Me Quad.

Post by simon_manning »

very effective, first time i've had a look in, job well done, regards simon manning.

Phil Woollard
Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 7003 times

Post by Phil Woollard »

Thank you Simon, with the weathering it's not necessarily what technique or how you use it, it's knowing what to do to when you make a cock up and it all goes horribly wrong but that comes with experience. The hair spray technique is not for me, I think I will stick with my method for now, so I shall hand back the can of spray and the underpants that I borrowed from the wife :oops:, regards Phil.
Mechanical engineer.
2 Youtube channels, Phil Woollard and Magpiespyro. Facebook/ Phil Woollard.
Commission builds considered. Pm for my email.

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

A short very basic video of the first proving trials over a very stony piece of hard ground, this VT enables me to study the behaviour of the Quad, make fine adjustments to the radio set up and any detail areas that may require attention.
I think I may remove a leaf from each of the suspension units to allow for a more forgiving ride.

Mechanical engineer.

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Some stills from some VT. When it's sold everything in these photos will be included, inc the radio and the crew of 5, please PM if you would like the trio, I can ship anywhere in the World at cost, although the batteries cannot be sent by air freight.
Video below of the build in photo format, Kian is this ok for you? If so then use it as you wish regards Phil.

I have posted this slightly improved video. 5 mins is a long time!
Attachments
DSC_1333.JPG
DSC_1331.JPG
DSC_1322.JPG
DSC_1323.JPG
DSC_1324.JPG
DSC_1318.JPG
DSC_1310.JPG
DSC_1309 (2).JPG
Mechanical engineer.

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

Phil excellent looking Quad and 25 PDR. You really put a lot of detail into them. They look fantastic. Wish I could build as fast as you do!
KT looks great too! I don't know how you can work on 4 or 5 models at the same time! :shock:
Bob

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Thanks for the kind words REM, I kinda go against the grain i suppose churning out models like I do but I have bought a lot of stock and must get through it! I have been modelling for many years and when Armortek came along the glove fitted as my back ground is engineering so it's very enjoyable and easy for me, I like to keep the standard up and produce quality well sorted pieces. My dedicated workshop is well set up and my techniques have developed to enable me to crack on a pace (it's a lot of effort mind you).

It looks like the Quad has sold to just the kind of enthusiast that it deserves, she will have a good home and be cherished I'm sure.
Now to a few days on the house extension and then back to the Bergepanther build before the Famo gets here!

Regards Phil.
Mechanical engineer.

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

The guys are enjoying the afternoon sun :D
Attachments
DSC_1366 (2).JPG
DSC_1368.JPG
DSC_1368 (2).JPG
Mechanical engineer.

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

Found this great relevant YouTube video, check out the non relevant Churchill pulling the panzer IV, and the Tommy using gun cotton from a charge bag to speed up the brewing process, and the 25 pounders of course leisurely firing live rounds, note the Tommy cooling the barrel with a canvas bucket filled with river water!
If I get chance before the Quad sells (and it looks like the interested party is getting there , bless him) ) I am very keen to shoot some video depicting similar scenarios for my YouTube channel, enjoy......Phil. Oh there's no sound but it's good quality film.

Attachments
Desert Quad .jpg
Mechanical engineer.