SdKfz 251 build

Forum for discussion relating to the Sdkfz 251
Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 225 times

Re: SdKfz 251 build

Post by Dennis Jones »

I did the same and used a hex bolt but when the collar is fitted I had to grind the bolt down to get clearance.

michael hilton
Has liked: 1565 times
Been liked: 835 times

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Dennis, never mind we live and learn.....now, I fitted the servo ( no grommets ), does the linkage look ok to you. I have to glue the end rod into the steering. What grade of Loctite did you use?. I will email you when I am ready to 're-set' the Benedini sound card. I will try to set the engine sounds to toggle switch B and add the M/G and other sounds. I used that three way switch on my Comet and Jagdpanther so I will be ok with that set-up......Ain't it a lovely day.....Mick :D
Attachments
IMG_0445.JPG

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

Hi Mick,

I use a heavy duty Superglue. Linkage looks ok to me just make sure you adjust the nuts on the servo saver so you don't get any play on the springs.

Dennis.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Dennis, I have now installed the main motor after fitting the M5x5 grub screw. The servo is in place ready to test.
Main motor runs forward and reverse with sound and the servo is working fine, just needs the end stops adjusting....Now, as you know the sounds are programmed to run on 'Autostart'.
So, when you have the time, I would like to alter/change the programme and give the 'full' sounds option a go before I continue with the build.....I used the toggle switch B on my other tanks....any time in the next few days to suit yourself, if that's ok.....I understand I will have to change an already set control mode....Mick
Attachments
IMG_0447.JPG

Tom Wittstock
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Tom Wittstock »

Hello Mick, could you tell me where you got your speaker from?

Thanks
Tom :D

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Tom, yes, the speaker was with the Motion/Audio/Smoker Option Packs from Armortek....everything you will need is included in these option packs....Mick

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

We have lift off....with the dulcet tones of 'Dennis' in my ear I (we) managed to programme the full Benedini sound card on my 251. Engine sounds, M/G, horn, etc,. Having decided to run with the 'searchlight' option, I will only be using the engine sounds.
Just as a matter of interest, the Benedini sound card was set or 'programmed' using the right hand joystick. I have forward/reverse in this mode with steering on the left hand joystick. Dennis, thank you for your help, much appreciated....Oh and I also cut the lawns....Mick :D

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Made a start on arranging the option modules beneath the floor area. With the 'searchlight' located, I am able to raise the rear deck about one inch giving plenty of clearance for both Audio/Motion modules....all looking good and, it gives me an excuse play with the sounds....I may well add an MG or two :roll: ....Mick
Attachments
IMG_0450.JPG

Tom Wittstock
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Tom Wittstock »

Mick, did you also remove part of the shaft in the back to make room. Is it necessary to do this? :shock:

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Tom, no, I have not removed any part of the shaft.
As you know from my previous post, I fitted an aluminium floor under the chassis. I have placed 'padding' ( the type used in camera cases ) between the suspension torsion bars to support the Motion Module so that module is clear of the suspension. I turned the module over, this allows it to 'sit' lower in the space between the chassis sides.
The rear floor CM0340 will rest on the Motion Module, or you can support the floor on the chassis sides as I have done. raising the rear floor panel about 2cms or 1 inch to clear the Motion/Audio Modules....I guess there are a number of options....trial and error.
It will all depend on what you intend to use the rear compartment for. Armaments, crew, stretchers, searchlights, the choice is yours....lots of fun....Mick

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3334 times

Post by Armortek »

Hello Tom

It is not necessary to modify the rear shaft or any other parts of the kit. Both modules fit between the chassis rails, on top of the torsion bars and under the floor, without modification.

Mark
Armortek

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning everyone....cold and dull, both myself and the weather :) Motion and Audio units located comfortably under the floor, between the chassis.
Trying a dry fit run with the 'searchlight'. The 'pencil' type beam is quite powerful. The light will sit higher with plenty of room available. The audio speaker will be installed forward under a dummy generator, which I have yet to build.....have a nice day.....Mick.
Attachments
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0458.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Steady progress being made.....interspersed with trips to the seaside....The batteries are located and will be held in place by cable ties, I cut two aluminium plates for the batteries to stand on. I like to run the 'sounds' after each building session, to make sure I have not dislodged a cable.
As a point of interest does anyone know....or can translate the voice commands at number 8/9 on the Mini TBS Benedini sound card....Mick
Attachments
IMG_0471.JPG

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1341 times
Been liked: 1538 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Peter Quambusch kindly translated the ones on the KT sound card as:

"Feind gesichtet" = "Enemy in sight"

"Zum Angriff!" = "Attack!"

I would imagine the 251 has the same phrases.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Adrian, thank you for your reply, and many thanks to Peter for his translation. There is no point in having these 'sounds' if one doesn't know what is being said....thanks again....Mick
Attachments
I will construct a frame to bring the searchlight up and above the sides.
I will construct a frame to bring the searchlight up and above the sides.