Mick's Roller

Forum for discussion relating to the Rolls-Royce Armoured Car, Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost and the 40/50hp Engine.
Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 225 times

Re: Mick's Roller

Post by Dennis Jones »

Hello Vince,

Yes it is possible the mechanism is already in place. There should be instructions in the manual, is you don't have a manual then you can download one from Spektrum's website. It is just a case of undoing one screw and doing up another, it is easier if you take the back off the transmitter.

Dennis.

Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1732 times

Post by Vince Cutajar »

Thanks Dennis

I have the manual and have a good look at it again. If I remember correctly I saw instructions of how to increase the stick friction and also to give it a ratchet feel but nothing about making it spring-load to centre. I will look again.

Vince

Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 225 times

Post by Dennis Jones »

Yes sometimes it is not included in the manual, but if you take the back off you will see how to do it.

Dennis.

michael hilton
Has liked: 1565 times
Been liked: 835 times

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Dennis and Vince, as you already know it is a simple adjustment to centre both sticks on the Spektrum. I prefer this 'stick' arrangement having a previous squeaky bum moment when I almost drove my 'Comet' off the dinning room table. It's a nice setup which stops both motors on the tank, when you release both sticks. the DX8 G2 manual describes the process very well, you should have no problem Vince....Mick.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Morn'in, a bit more tinkering. I located the speaker in the engine compartment as I will not be building the RR engine, loads of space.
I fitted the 'steering motor' and being aware of the instruction, 'great care must be taken to ensure that the steering box is free running' ..etc,. etc,. I slackened the mounting bolt/bracket holding the drive motor, thus allowing the whole shebang to settle and align itself. Suffice to say it worked a treat. O for a few more years to build these lovely kits.... :roll: Mick
Attachments
IMG_1325.JPG

Phil Woollard
Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 7126 times

Post by Phil Woollard »

You will still be building way into the twenty twenties Mick, if not the twenty thirties, entertaining us all as usual. kind regards Phil 8)
Mechanical engineer.
2 Youtube channels, Phil Woollard and Magpiespyro. Facebook/ Phil Woollard.
Commission builds considered. Pm for my email.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning everyone, dull and drab though it may be....this is my small contribution to authenticity, wrapped my ' leaf springs' in my ladies, leftover, flower arrangement tape.... 8) ..Mick
Attachments
Real or fake...
Real or fake...

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

That's a nice touch Mick what colour do you have planned for the under carriage?
Mechanical engineer.

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello Phil, thank you for your kind comments. The chassis will remain in satin black, just flash over to freshen up. I have trawled the internet for ideas regarding the bodywork, not made my mine up yet. All the motion and audio gizmo's are tested and operational, pleased with how easy the installation was. The instruction manual for these are a vast improvement....Mick
Attachments
IMG_1332.JPG
IMG_1331.JPG

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello chaps, I have begun the strip down. it is so much easier to paint if the parts are removed first. I am pleased with the Rolls and since picking up the build I am well satisfied....almost didn't get there. I posted one or two photo's, more as a reference for myself...thanks to everyone who 'liked'...Mick.
Attachments
IMG_1334.JPG
In her underwear
In her underwear

Phil Woollard

Post by Phil Woollard »

You do such a beautiful methodical job Mick just love your work, regards Phil
Mechanical engineer.

Ken Brearley
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Ken Brearley »

Inspirational work Mick, your build has helped me with my Roller so much. Regards Ken

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Good morning everyone, thank you Phil and Ken for your kind comments. As you are aware I am an 'out of the box' kit builder so the quality and completeness of Armortek kits are an absolute joy. I can also appreciate the superb models and level of detail shown on so many builds.....
Back to the Rolls Royce... the instruction booklet has a useful picture layout for the motion/audio packs. I could not figure out why my 'units' would not fit in the available space....finally a lightbulb moment...lay the batteries on their sides :roll: …..Mick.
Attachments
IMG_1340.JPG
IMG_1338.JPG

Peter Silcock
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Peter Silcock »

Always like your builds Michael - so methodical and well thought out. Glad you decided to persevere with it. Nothing wrong with out of the box builds in my view :D

michael hilton

Post by michael hilton »

Hello everyone, the motion and audio units fit snugly within the Rolls Royce main body, the wiring will be tucked away later. I have tried using different switches on the transmitter, for both head lights and radiator doors. The rad doors look better using a three way switch rather than a proportional switch, it's just my preference. The 'yellow' headlights look fab and suit the model well...Mick.
Attachments
Open
Open
Closed
Closed