Jae-seung Roe
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: Panther G has arrived!

Post by Jae-seung Roe »

Malcolm.Plumb wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:32 am
Hi Jae-seung

Nice to see that you have got your hands on some of the required packs for the build.

I have all of them to order with the motion pack being the first to check out compatibility with radio gear.

Any chance of posting some photos of those brown boxes contents please :wink:
Hi Malcom,

Yes I have opened the box and check the items in the box but put them all back with corns as I will be away for a week. Try to do it once I come back!
Also hope to see your building post!

Cheers,
Jae-seung

Malcolm.Plumb
Has liked: 352 times
Been liked: 810 times

Post by Malcolm.Plumb »

Jan-seung

Look forward to it.

Start of my build will not be long now :wink:
2022 Panther G #15

Gary Rafferty
Has liked: 252 times
Been liked: 442 times

Post by Gary Rafferty »

Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:53 pm
Hi Gary

Are you going for the recoil pack as well?
The working machine gun and front light is a different pack?
Hi Malcolm

I haven't really decided on the recoil pack as in my personal opinion I don't think it's quite there yet on the fast recoil slow return, my 1/16 tanks are much more realistic but then they have aftermarket boards.
The light and machine gun isn't really a pak just individual options should you chose it o have Mark lawson excellent quality rear convoy light as well.

Cheers
Gary

Gary Rafferty
Has liked: 252 times
Been liked: 442 times

Post by Gary Rafferty »

Jae-seung Roe wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:05 pm
Hi Gary,

I had ordered as same as you did! All option packs!

Motion pack, Recoil pack, Smoke pack, Sound pack, Machine gun pack, and Light pack! 8)

Cheers!
Jae-seung
Hi Jae-seung

Very nice you will have a fully loaded panther :D
I haven't ordered the recoil as I'm still not sure.

Cheers
Gary

Jae-seung Roe

Re: Panther G #003 has arrived!

Post by Jae-seung Roe »

Hi all,

It has been almost 2 years since I have posted my Panther #003 had arrived with a great joy. When I had ordered and received my Panther G kit, I thought I could start building of this kit soon, however, took a little longer for me to get this beauty started whilst buying(I would say collecting :) ) some detailed parts mostly from Steve Winstone, A true master and Craftsmen and had a chance to visit him in Essex when I had been to London for my business trip, which was great. Tim Catton's tools were also amazing with a superb detail and weathering on tools as if it is a real one.

Collecting those parts from Steve and Tim when I met them in Essex and London in Jan 2023 was like Christmas for me :D definitely a work of craftsmanship!

However, getting started kept delayed as I had to prepare space, tools and most of all managing my time to kick off. One of my daily routines was to go down my basement, which was supposed to be my tank workshop, and see 'sleeping' boxes, parts I have collected and measuring the width of the basement door whether my Panther G could come out once the building was complete :? ....

and one day Youngjae Bae, who made awesome 'Chieftain MBT with Berlin camo',viewtopic.php?t=7859 and posted 'Hand made 1/5 scale K2 Black Panther MBT in Korea'. viewtopic.php?t=9401 introduced me a Tank modeller who has made several scratch building tanks for years including Merkava mK IV, K-2 Black Panther for ROKA(Republic of Korea Army) with full of professionalism and passion. With his years of experience of building and setting up tanks using OHV engine as a powertrain, has recently done making K2 with YoungJae, hence, I have decided to ask him building my Panther G together and my Panther has been kicked off eventually!

The hull is taking its shape!

Panther G #03!

Steve Winstone bump stops and Mark Lawson torsion bar cover! I do love the aluminum and brass material colour combination.

Tapping 2mm was a bit tricky and was hard to find supplier of slot head m2 bolts but thanks to MJ, finally found a supplier within S.Korea (to save the building time)

And whilst the hull is taking its shape from the states, Panther G early version idler set has arrived. What an art with details!

Bob Morey Panther G early idler wheel, so glad to have it finally! with Liam's Panther G steel track link! another great detail with hole of guide horn, can't wait to see the full track links when it is complete!

For my Panther G early version, I would go non-painted 'bare metal' one, checking vehicle's maneuverability whether all option packs are well installed and tuning and tweaking. More episode will be coming up!

Cheers,

Jae-seung

Vince Cutajar
Has liked: 746 times
Been liked: 1730 times

Post by Vince Cutajar »

Great video.

Vince

Ed Groenenberg
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 628 times

Post by Ed Groenenberg »

That is a very interesting way of grinding the end s of the torsion bars.

Regards,

Ed
You only live once., use it to the max!

yves mouton
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 555 times

Post by yves mouton »

Hello,

I thought the torsionbars all ready have a flat side from the factory,
that was so with my panther A.

Best regards Yves

Jae-seung Roe

Post by Jae-seung Roe »

Hi,

The weather in South Korea is literally boiling temperature is gone through the roof up to 35"c.Though this bloody hot weather, the Panther #003 has come along well with fitting upgrade parts.

One of the works done was replacing M2.5 to m2 nuts as m2 looks better compared to the real Panther in terms of scale wise. I wanted to change m2.5 in centre hub but didn't as I was not sure changing m2 nuts would hold the hub properly.
The left one is m2.5 and the right one is m2 on the outer rim of the roadwheel. Thanks Malcolm for your detailed tips.

The hex head on Roadwheel A was changed after this one to protrude outward to match the actual Panther's road wheel.

The next work is fitting Bob's early version idler wheel. The detail is amazing and it looks great without painting.

After assembling all road wheels and sprocket the steel tracks are on! The guide horn's detail really stands out!

Fitting Mark's engine and front hatch was done.

Except fitting small detail parts, overall shape including turret and rear part was all done almost taking the entire shape of the Panther 003!

After this stage, other distinctive detail parts such as early version exhaust pipe with bracket work and 20t jack holder is fitted.

I have also noticed the bracket design is different depends on rear pipe's design and period. (Early and late one) (well I didn't know until a few days ago though I did the Panther research extensively :? )

Convoy lights and engine starter handle bracket were also fitted. Beautiful details of the rear part!

For the front part's detail, most eye-catching thing might be the gun travel lock and glad to put Steve Winstone's art on my Panther.

Whilst fitting and checking parts, the idler wheel's position was too close to the road wheel so adjusted the position backward adding one more track link.

One of the issues was fitting the mudguard as the process of this should have done before putting sprocket wheels. Also in order to align the end tip's line with front hull's eyelet line, a bit of hard word was required.

was able to correct the gap between mudguard's end-tip and front glacis plate.

Finally managed to align the end line and come out very satisfied!

Also fitting Steve's bosch light and wire arrangement and also putting wire into brass tube.

Finally done Bosch light wiring properly! very satisfied!

The front part is done with MG34.

And here is the current stage of my Panther 003!

....and starting option pack with the great help of Youngjae Bae! Thank you!

Other packs such as sound, smoke and light would come along!

Since my Panther 003 will go non-painted 'bare metal' version for now, would be great to see some various colour scheme of parts' material colour!

Looking forward to upload first test drive clip.

Cheers,
Jae-seung
Last edited by Jae-seung Roe on Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Malcolm.Plumb

Post by Malcolm.Plumb »

Lovely job Jae-seung
You certainly have gone to town to all those upgrades. 8)

Regarding the front mudguards, mine are not fitted yet.
Am I going to be able to get them on without taking the tracks and front sprocket off?
2022 Panther G #15

Jae-seung Roe

Post by Jae-seung Roe »

Fri Aug 09, 2024 9:55 am
Lovely job Jae-seung
You certainly have gone to town to all those upgrades. 8)

Regarding the front mudguards, mine are not fitted yet.
Am I going to be able to get them on without taking the tracks and front sprocket off?
Thanks for your compliment Malcolm!πŸ˜„

I also asked the same question to Simon and others and had to remove the sprocket to install the mudguard unless yours is Armortek provided one as the way of fitting is different compared to the standard assembly.

Cheers,
Jae-seung
Last edited by Jae-seung Roe on Fri Aug 09, 2024 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Malcolm.Plumb

Post by Malcolm.Plumb »

I only have the standard mud guards so should be OK?
2022 Panther G #15

Jae-seung Roe

Post by Jae-seung Roe »

Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:40 pm
I only have the standard mud guards so should be OK?
Then no worries! πŸ‘

Jae-seung Roe

Post by Jae-seung Roe »

Hi,

A few more update pictures of my Panther.

Put the Bosch light wire into the brass tube and the outcome is very satisfied!

Some more images of my Panther 003, exterior work is almost done except tow hitch, tools and spare tracks fitting.

The beauty of early version of Panther G stands out with all those parts as detail matters.

Next would be the first test drive!

Cheers,
Jae-seung

Robert E Morey
Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 741 times

Post by Robert E Morey »

That looks really good Jae-seung! Good work! The details really pop.
Best regards,
Bob