Cruciform base

Forum for discussion relating to the 88mm Flak36
Allan Richards
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Allan Richards »

Jeff,

Yet more exellent work. I presume the wires will go in soon - only joking. I'm busy cutting holes in the Sherman turret to make the additional hatch seen in the Firefly.
Allan Richards

Jeffrey Goff
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 737 times

Post by Jeffrey Goff »

all major work to the base is finished, I made and fitted the storage bin, on the inside of the lid there is a compartment, it is open at the front and allows something inside to slide forward, has any body got any idea what was inside; (tools) (instruction manual)?

regards
Jeff

Allan Richards

Post by Allan Richards »

Jeff,

I don't know exactly what wold fit in there but it looks as if it could be a manual or maybe a box of running spares like light bulbs etc.
Allan Richards

Jeffrey Goff
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 737 times

Post by Jeffrey Goff »

Hi Allan, thanks for your thoughts, hows the firefly progressing, its been a diabolical bank holiday weather wise, but good for modelling, did you get much done
regards
Jeff

Allan Richards

Post by Allan Richards »

Jeff,

The Sherman is coming on slowly, I've now finished the second hatch on the turret roof and began fitting some details to the turret. As you say yesterday was literally a washout, I feel sorry for all those who had planned outdoor events, it was continuous rain and wind here (north kent) all day. I spent most of the day in the garage working on the Sherman and will post sme pics soon.
Allan Richards