KT 2019 #29

Forum for discussion relating to the King Tiger
Chang
Has liked: 14901 times
Been liked: 371 times

Re: KT 2019 #29

Post by Chang »

Hi Michael,

Read through this thread back and forth a few times , found that the gap distance between hull and inner sprocket had been quoted as 20mm or even 21~22mm on your and/or other builders' KT /JT.

The gap distance on my 2009 KT (now with Liam) and 2019 (2020?) JT , according the building manual , is always 19mm.

Is there such an increasing of gap distance in newer batch that I have missed?

If not , try reduce it to 19mm. Maybe it helps a bit. Good luck.

Best regards,
Lerh Chang
------------------------------------------------------------------
Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.....

Michael Allen
Has liked: 993 times
Been liked: 79 times

Re: KT 2019 #29

Post by Michael Allen »

Derek

Re: yours dated 03/25

The sprocket rings themselves look fine, both sets of dimples line up and all the teeth are in line. The sprocket wheels are another issue which I will go into later.

Jerry

Re: yours dated 03/36

The LHS sprocket wheel certainly is not running very true. I have already replaced both sprocket shafts. The RHS sprocket is not absolutely perfect but it is certainly a lot better than the one on the LHS. I have a brief video but cannot post it on this forum. I have sent the video by email to Kian and look forward to his valued views. One more thing of interest regards the sprockets is the paint being removed from them through bench running. The RHS (good side) pretty much has all the paint removed from the teeth on both sides of the wheel. The LHS (problem side) has all the paint removed from the outside teeth whilst the internal teeth are largely untouched!
The road wheels look OK - not totally perfect - but not more than 1mm/2mm difference. I am able to run a metal rule easily through the gaps with no issues at all but I do intend to revisit them all over the weekend as I’m keen to get this sorted.
No screws or other parts look to be incorrect.
On Kians advice I have tried very hard to take one link set out but the track just will not close up sufficiently to put the pin back even with 2 g clamps trying to persuade it.
I intend to put the missing link back, re visit the wheel alignment, swop the two sprocket wheels over, reinstall the tracks, keep all the weight off the hull and run the tank. Unfortunately the weather has prevented me doing this for the last few days and doesn’t look great for the weekend.

Will

re: yours dated 03/26

Many thanks.

I will continue to try and solve this but if I continue to fail then I will drop you a note and perhaps take you up on your kind offer.

A big thanks to you all for your kind advice. Without this forum KT 29 would never get up and running.

Happy Holiday weekend to you all

Mick