Series 1 Number 11,Sound,Motor and light test

Forum for discussion relating to the 1948 - 1950 Series 1 4x4 car
Donald Suttie
Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 187 times

Series 1 Number 11,Sound,Motor and light test

Post by Donald Suttie »

Hi All
Jumping the gun here,but always like to check out the electronics before going deep into the build
After a long lay off from programming RC systems i am happy to report i have all 3 systems running on the Series 1 Motor/Sound/lightning kit on a Spektrum NX10
A bit of a mess but all working
A bit of a mess but all working
I went with the Armortek recommended battery,but you get this with the XT connector supplied if you search therefore no need for the Deans to XT adapter
At the moment the recommended battery is subject to a discount voucher on Amazon UK ,so this may help someone who is looking for a good discounted battery

Donald

mick whittingham
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 107 times

Re: Series 1 Number 11,Sound,Motor and light test

Post by mick whittingham »

Hi Donald.

Good to see someone posting about the electronics on the Series 1.

I'm just starting out with the Taranis transmitter and taking things easy. I don't want to blow anything up lol.

I managed to get the receiver to bind to the transmitter but I've got no further than that. Looks like I just need to make the connections to the receiver and give it a whirl.

I won't start to build for a while yet as I'm still researching what vehicle to base my build on. I'm looking for something non military perhaps. If I can find something with plenty of reference photos I will be happy.

What are you basing your build on?

Best regards Mick

Andy Thompson
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Andy Thompson »

I’m basing mine on as it would have left the factory, detail correct. I did think about patination as per the original. May do that when the time comes.

Bob Mitchell
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Bob Mitchell »

Does anyone know if the yellow and blue wires from the motor can be disconnected from the rest of the electronics to make it easier to make up the gearbox connections etc? It looks like it should split about half way along the wire but don’t want to pull it apart if it’s not meant to! Do all the electronics go in the engine space?
Appreciate any help
Bob

mick whittingham
Been liked: 107 times

Post by mick whittingham »

Bob. Mine has blue spade terminals halfway down and I pulled them apart to remove the speed controller and make installation of the motor and gearbox easier.
Mick

Bob Mitchell
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Bob Mitchell »

Thanks it worked! It will be easier to fit now!

Charles A Stewart
Has liked: 471 times
Been liked: 857 times

Post by Charles A Stewart »

hi All

Bob the electrics do fit under the bonnet, but it is a bit of a squeeze what with the speaker too.
The battery goes under the seating, not on the front bumper.
The battery goes under the seating, not on the front bumper.
However it all survived a test run around the track. :-D

Cheers

Charles
Chieftain No.34, functional. PKW IV (2002), operational. Panther G No.18 (2022), started, well some of it is. Series 1 4x4 No.28 and a Bailey Bridge.