Chieftain paint

An unofficial resource of techniques, information and best practice to help you get most from your Armortek model.
Wael Hazin
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times

Chieftain paint

Post by Wael Hazin »

Hello all,

I am looking for some help on doing the black and green camo for my chieftain. Looking at YouTube yields lots of 1/35 scale and not much on 1/6 scale. I already put down the green and just purchased my first ever airbrush kit. I was practicing last night and did an ok job on cardboard but I was really looking for more help. Any video or site or anything that may help would be greatly appreciated. Weathering too would be nice.

Thanks
Wael

Aaron Taylor
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Chieftain paint

Post by Aaron Taylor »

Go to duracoat firearm finishes site they have templates...stencil material for camo. I like the lab film it's a parafin wax material that stretches and adhere with a low low tack and it cuts easy or you pull it to shape. I fade the edges with my airbrush and then go with more paints to darken towards the center portion. All in all you are one the right track get some.cheap paint and practic practice. The wheels are my pershing and the Crucifix I did for my father in law who is a preacher at a local church for his Christmas present. Most videos I saw were from you tube and card board and old GI Joe figures I practiced on....weathering I use the Tamiya weathering powders you can get them on Amazon I got all the colors they had.
Attachments
20231222_204800.jpg
20240117_180817.jpg
20240216_220142.jpg