Ruishton village day

Forum for discussion and arrangements of meetings
Gary Richardson
Has liked: 713 times
Been liked: 1641 times

Ruishton village day

Post by Gary Richardson »

Hi all

I have been asked to put on a tank display for Ruishton village day on the 20th July. Some of the village committee had seen my Tiger prowling the streets and approached me some time ago but I only recently got the date.
The fete takes place on the village recreation park and any events take place on and around the football pitch so there is a decent running area available. Ruishton is less than a mile from J25 on the M5 in Somerset (Taunton junction) so easy access from the motorways. There are facilities in the village hall and food and drink available. The village day helps raises money for local charities and organisations so I am keen to make it a decent display.
At the moment there is only me, the Late Funklenk Tiger 1 and possibly my Churchill AVRE which I will endeavour to have running even if not completely finished.
If there are any of you who would be willing to attend and help out please PM me.
Photo below is where the fete takes place.
Regards
Gary
Ruishton recreation grounds
Ruishton recreation grounds
2021 Late Tiger 1 Abteilung 301 (Funklenk), 2022 Churchill Mk3 AVRE, 2x Czech Hedgehogs, 2024 Triple span Bailey Bridge, M26 Pershing.

Steve McEvoy
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: Ruishton village day

Post by Steve McEvoy »

Hi Gary, have sent you a pm ( hopefully)

Steve McEvoy

Post by Steve McEvoy »

Hi Gary, not sure what's going on with pm's but l can help out with this one.

Gary Richardson

Steve McEvoy wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:04 pm
Hi Gary, not sure what's going on with pm's but l can help out with this one.
Hi Steve
PM's received, I was in Torquay and got back late. I have PM'd you. I see you have a Churchill as well so I will definitely crack on and get mine running.
Regards
Gary
2021 Late Tiger 1 Abteilung 301 (Funklenk), 2022 Churchill Mk3 AVRE, 2x Czech Hedgehogs, 2024 Triple span Bailey Bridge, M26 Pershing.

Gary Richardson

Hi all

Just a quick reminder about Ruishton village day near Taunton on 20th July. If you would like to join myself and Steve McEvoy for a relaxing afternoon displaying tanks please PM me or e-mail gamiri@btinternet.com.
We have a stand in the recreation ground with a running area and parking for vans, Steve has kindly agreed to bring a gazebo and boundary tape and I will provide lunch.
I will also have my collecting bucket for Guide Dogs for the Blind and I have sponsored a Guide dog stand for the day.
I always intended to use my tanks to raise funds for Guided Dogs so this is a good start.
The gates for exhibitors opens at 10am for setting up and closes at 12:00, the event officially starts at 13:00 through until 17:00. There is the village flower show, cake and jams competition, scarecrow judging and the overall theme is the Paris Olympics.
Ruishton is 5 minutes from Junction 25 of the M5.

Regards
Gary

Gary Richardson

Hi all

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to Steve and Denise McEvoy who attended Ruishton village day with me on Saturday. It was touch and go as the weather prediction was very poor. Despite the rain we managed to run the tanks in the dry spells to entertain the public.
Steve fielded his King Tiger, Churchill and Pershing plus the 25 pounder. I had my late Tiger and Churchill.
The Tiger is running much better with the new LiFePO4 batteries but the Churchill struggled to turn on the wet grass. We did a few forays outside our running area and Steve used his Pershing to attack a bramble up a small hill, Pershing 1 bramble 0. :D
The Pershing looked very menacing as it drove towards us coped well on the wet grass.
Unfortunately we didn't get many photos so I only have one to show, we did collect a decent amount for the Guide Dogs and the stand I sponsored did very well.

Regards
Gary
Ruishton open day.JPG

Steve McEvoy

Post by Steve McEvoy »

We really enjoyed the day Gary despite the weather. Thank you for the invite.

Gary Richardson

Hi all

A quick update on the Ruishton fete. The committee really liked the tank display so I think it will go ahead again next year. We had quite a large running area only limited by the number of fencing pins available so suspect we could go bigger in the future.
We set up the Guide Dog stand next to our tank stand and our combined collection total was £180, an excellent result considering the wet weather so once again thanks Steve and Denise for all your help. The Guide Dog treasurer wanted me to pass on his thanks as well.

Regards
Gary

Richard Goodwin
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 284 times

Post by Richard Goodwin »

Out of interest, are you running the red box motion modules in the Tiger?

Regards

Gary Richardson

Richard Goodwin wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:49 pm
Out of interest, are you running the red box motion modules in the Tiger?

Regards
Hi Richard

Yes, it has the red boxes. The battery change came about due to an ongoing problem where the Tiger lacked power which I think was down to one of the Yuasa gel batteries probably being discharged too much and then failing to hold the charge although the voltage appeared fine.
The Tiger build is on the forum with photos of the installation
viewtopic.php?t=8881

Regards
Gary

Richard Goodwin
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 284 times

Post by Richard Goodwin »

Many thanks Gary for the confirmation. Another question if I may; did you reprogram the modules for the new batteries?

Regards