2021 Option pack compatibility in 2023 Tiger?

Forum for discussion relating to Tiger 1, Mid, Early, Late Production and Sturmtiger
neil graham
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 210 times

2021 Option pack compatibility in 2023 Tiger?

Post by neil graham »

Hello All,

Maybe this is a question for Armortek, but I'm happy for anyone to throw their two cents in.

I am at the stage in my build where I now need the motion pack (I am about to put on the drive casings), I was about to purchase from AT.
However, another builder is selling the unopened option packs that came with their 2021 Late Tiger 1.....and they are in Australia already....seems fortuitous. While I would like the latest motion pack, the latest smoker pack and the updated machine gun part....it seems like the sensible option to buy something that would otherwise not be used and save a bit of money. Win-win.

I have a 2023 Early Tiger 1 which did not come with the two CP0233 which was used with the older motion packs. (see image)
Early Tiger 2023 Instructions
Early Tiger 2023 Instructions
The Late Tiger comes with a similar (or identical??) part (see image)
Late Tiger, image nicked from their thread
Late Tiger, image nicked from their thread
OK, thats the list of facts..... my questions are:

1 - Is the 2023 Early Tiger 1 compatible with ALL of the options packs that came with the 2021 Late Tiger 1 ?
2 - Is the CP0233 in my instructions the same/compatible with the part on the Late Tiger? (Note: there seems to be more holes on the Late Tiger part than my instructions)
3 - Following on from 2 I guess...should I just ask Armortek for the CP0233?
4 - Are there any other parts I may be missing?

To be very clear I do not want to drilling any holes or otherwise do anything too complicated. Yes I know some will say drilling/milling/bending/etc is easy....but I am really not at that level, I am working with basic hand tools only.

Brian Ostlind
Has liked: 954 times
Been liked: 2024 times

Re: 2021 Option pack compatibility in 2023 Tiger?

Post by Brian Ostlind »

Those holes on the motor mounts look right I would verify with the factory but I think the parts would all fit. The kit was designed around the motion packs you are considering. The new design was later.

neil graham

Post by neil graham »

Thanks Brian, I didn't get any other responses to my messages or this post....I am confident it will fit though confirmation would have been nice.

I have now committed to buying this from Tom

Armortek
Site Admin
Been liked: 3034 times

Post by Armortek »

Hi Neil - we don't check all the forum posts every day hence the lack of reply from us.
I can confirm that the 2021 Tiger 1 options will fit the 2023. Only thing you will be missing are the motor mounts.
Armortek

neil graham

Post by neil graham »

Thanks for the response, its very good to know the only bits I am missing are the mounts, which Tom is sending to me :D