My Tigers and a Help request????

Forum for discussion relating to Tiger 1, Mid, Early, Late Production and Sturmtiger
Tim Carr
Has liked: 1907 times
Been liked: 92 times

My Tigers and a Help request????

Post by Tim Carr »

My story and I'm sticking to it! With a few fun additional statements and help requests.

Could not help but to think of the following that Stephen White (viewtopic.php?t=970&start=615) wrote while I was driving the other day.

"Somewhere on a dark street in Berkshire, two blokes and a van......."

The above quote was from Stephen while picking up his Pz IIII that he had done a GREAT job of building, which he then sold and bought back.

In my case it was a bright sunny Florida day. In which my Mate of 48 years and I were driving across the State of Florida to finish buying a "partially assembled mid production Tiger 1" from a fellow builder named Greg (nice Guy). For several reasons he stopped his build and posted it on this site for sale. We talked and I said I would Buy it.

My Great Wife of 48 years even offer to pay for it for my Christmas Present. Wow. I'm LUCKY and Blessed. Note, I did pay for it. Instead, She will buy me some nice work T-shirts with pockets. Note, they were on my request list.

After finishing the deal. My Wife and everyone helped to load up a small pile of German Tank books and an airbrush and paints and extra tanks bits. Including an Ivano Costantini 2018 Maybach HL 230P45 Engine 1/6, 1 of the 10 made that year.

The Tank!
Armortek 2014 #23, a Mid-production Tiger!!

Now my Wife and I were driving with a Tiger in the van.

So, it's now unloaded, and I've got most of it somewhat sorted and stored. I had started back to work on my 2015 Tiger Tank #131 Armortek kit when I saw this one up for sale.
I turned that great age of 70 and I'm slowing down with work and starting to "TRY" to get a few things finished. To many unfinished projects....

TANK Plans.
Well, Build them of course. Yes, I'll start some build threads (next year), family coming home for Christmas. Not going to be doing much at this time anyway. Enjoying the Holiday Season!

The 131, I'm planning to build into a running driving etc. tank. Might be asking about how to install First person viewing into the tank in a couple of spots. Going to need help with that one, so get your answers ready please.

The mid-production Tiger that I just bought, well thinking about building a static display installing as much detail as possible. Everything that you can't fit into a running Tiger. Bought the book, Der Strabokran, German Gantry Crane, Great book. So, I'm thinking about building one to go with the mid-production Tiger. Show it with the with a repair on the Tiger.

Upcoming, I'm buying a King Tiger tank. Can't wait to finish the details and pay for it and receive it.

That and working with my 1 to 1 scale jeeps and Weasels, I should keep busy.

ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS!!!!

Pics and threads to start next year.

Help requests to start now of course.

HELP!!!!

Were there any diagrams or building instruction for the mid-production Tiger 2014 issued, as I did not receive anything but packing lists?

THANKS ALL

Later Tim

Now A Proud Owner of two unbuilt Tiger Tanks. And a lot of other unfinished projects.... LOL
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.

Dave Goodwin
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 121 times

Re: My Tigers and a Help request????

Post by Dave Goodwin »

When ArmorTek are back, reach out to them at the support email address. I'm sure instructions were originally provided, so they may be able to help out. Have you asked the original builder if he might have them? I'm assuming not, but you never know.

Tim Carr
Has liked: 1907 times
Been liked: 92 times

Re: My Tigers and a Help request????

Post by Tim Carr »

Dave
Greg said he looked high and low for the paperwork and could not find it. Also, said if he finally found it that he would mail it over to me along with anything else he found. So far it seems like all of the parts are there with a few after-market parts also.
Most of the Mid Tiger looks like the 131 Tiger that I have the manual for. A few changes, but.
I will ask support when they are back from Christmas Holiday.
Good Luck with your build.

My Thanks to the person that sent me a PM with the offer to email me pdf's of the 2010 Mid manual and the 131 manual. THANKS AGAIN!
Always enjoyed looking at your Threads and posts.

Main thing today is to find more storage for the parts, etc. as Family is coming in for Christmas!! Also, need to get the camera working for Christmas photos and pics for the upcoming build threads.

Enjoy your builds everyone.

Later Tim
Tampa Bay, Fla area USA.