Smoke module control

An unofficial resource of techniques, information and best practice to help you get most from your Armortek model.
Mark Allen
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 70 times

Smoke module control

Post by Mark Allen »

I have a question or two about the smoke module. Mine is on order so not in hand nor documentation.

What inputs does the smoker have? Heating % or on/off? Fan % or on/off?

What I hope to accomplish are the following:

1) At end of engine starting sound (or there-abouts) heavy smoke tapering down to very little in about 30 seconds. Seems the new smoker does this already? If so are the taper times and reduced level adjustable?

2) When "thr" stick leaves about 0% position heavy smoke, tapering to very little in 1 or 2 seconds. "very little" being adjustable.

3) Number one continues after a engine start with number two being added if motion is commanded before 30 second taper ends.

I have obtained my Transmitter Taranis x9D Plus SE. I will start fussing with openTX companion once I buy a new computer :x . My old apple's OS can no longer be updated and apparent the companion wont load on Os10X.

Thanks.
1:6 King Tiger. 1:1 White M3A1 Scout car, Ford GPW, Dodge WC-57 Command Car, Ford GTB, CJV-35/U, Willys MB, Willys M38.

Ed Groenenberg
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 608 times

Re: Smoke module control

Post by Ed Groenenberg »

Hello Mark.

The new smoker uses a heating element independently from the control.
When you switch on the heater and wait 30 - 45 seconds, and then 'start' the engine by moving
the trottle stick a little forward, the sond module will initiate the start engine sound, as well as
set the axial fan to max speed, thus generating a cloud of smoke.
Then, the fan speed will trottle down to a lower speed, matching an 'idle' running engine.
When you mobve the stick forwards / backwards, the sound will rev up, as will the fan.
When the sound unit will stop the engine, another puff of smoke should appear.
You only live once., use it to the max!

Mark Allen
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 70 times

Re: Smoke module control

Post by Mark Allen »

Thank you Ed. Seems like most of my "wants" are taken care of. I want to avoid continuous heavy smoke while driving along. These were not diesel powered vehicles. 8)
1:6 King Tiger. 1:1 White M3A1 Scout car, Ford GPW, Dodge WC-57 Command Car, Ford GTB, CJV-35/U, Willys MB, Willys M38.