Tank storage

An unofficial resource of techniques, information and best practice to help you get most from your Armortek model.
Matt Fidler
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 27 times

Tank storage

Post by Matt Fidler »

Saw an interesting YouTuber who made his own Armortek Tiger tank. He mentioned about storing it elevated so that the full weight is not on the torsion system, especially if storing for the winter. I never thought of this.
Interesting tip. I’ve never personally done this but he may be onto something.
Last edited by Matt Fidler on Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gerhard Michel
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 559 times

Re: Tank storage

Post by Gerhard Michel »

Hi Matt,

well, all my tanks are stored upon hydraulic car jacks to release pressure from the torsion system.

The car jacks are modified to allow the hydraulic system also to be in lowest positition. To use the tank the car jack lifts it until two planks can be moved under the track links.

Then the jack is released and the tank can roll on my moveable hydraulic lifting table.

kind regards
Gerhard

Mark Heaps
Has liked: 240 times
Been liked: 282 times

Post by Mark Heaps »

Hallo Gerhard,
are the marked pieces insertable supports that take the weight of the tank so the jack is not constantly loaded during long-time storage or something else ?
Attachments
t10uqs20.jpg
t10uqs20.jpg (62.38 KiB) Viewed 783 times

Matt Fidler
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Matt Fidler »

Gerhard Michel wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:16 pm
Hi Matt,

well, all my tanks are stored upon hydraulic car jacks to release pressure from the torsion system.

The car jacks are modified to allow the hydraulic system also to be in lowest positition. To use the tank the car jack lifts it until two planks can be moved under the track links.

Then the jack is released and the tank can roll on my moveable hydraulic lifting table.

Very interesting. I may have to look into this.