Single Stick Spektrum Programming Issue

Forum for asking questions, offering new ideas or facts or suggesting new topics
JerryBarnes
Been liked: 2 times

Single Stick Spektrum Programming Issue

Post by JerryBarnes »

Sooner or later I'll get this tank built and I'll quit bugging you guys!
I'm using my IX20 to run the Sherman. I set it up to have elevons with channel 2,3 running the drive motors. When I move the right stick fully forward both tracks move forward very slowly. If I move the stick fully forward, right the left track moves much quicker, likewise if I move right. The drive motor operation seems fine but why can I not get full speed out of both motors when the stick is fully forward (centered left right). Why do the motors run much quicker on full right or left.

My dual rates are 100% and I have not modified the travel adjustment either. Gotta be something I'm missing in the radio setup I'm guessing.
Thanks, Jerry.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1195 times
Been liked: 1382 times

Re: Single Stick Spektrum Programming Issue

Post by Adrian Harris »

You need to up the end point adjustment to get full speed. I set them to 150%, which might be over kill but means you get the best forward speed. You could probably tune it back so that stick fully forward just gives 100%. I think I get about 109%. Who knows, maybe the speed controllers go up to 11 ?

Use the Monitor screen to see how things are affected by changes.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

JerryBarnes

Post by JerryBarnes »

Hey Adrian, thanks for the quick reply. Running my travel to 150% didn't seem to correct the problem. Using Elevon for wing type is what I want isn't it? As you mentioned when using the monitor and the stick fully forward but centered the travel will show 110. If I take the stick to the corners it shows the travel at 150. So, the transmitter must not be allowing me to reach the full 150% travel in full forward or reverse.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1195 times
Been liked: 1382 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Yes, I have this DX8 set to Wing: Elevon Tail: Normal.

RAL and LAL are set to 150% travel.

Stick fully forward is full speed ahead (112%). Moving it into either corner doesn't increase the speed of the tracks.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

johnny johnson
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 34 times

Post by johnny johnson »

Im running a DX6 and after having multiple issues with proper running I opened the speed controller box and adjusted the swithces so I didnt have to adjust through the computer, works great now.

JerryBarnes

Post by JerryBarnes »

johnny johnson wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:26 pm
Im running a DX6 and after having multiple issues with proper running I opened the speed controller box and adjusted the swithces so I didnt have to adjust through the computer, works great now.
So you opened the motor control module? Please provide more detail. Jerry