Elektrikery

Covering Transmitters/ receivers, wiring schematics, requests for new options, etc
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1181 times
Been liked: 1378 times

Re: Elektrikery

Post by Adrian Harris »

> As for the nut shorting something, I can’t say for sure. How would I check it?

The only way would be to look for blackened components or smoke damage for a short on a power line.

You would need to check both sides of the PCB. Easiest way to dismantle, if you want to, is to remove the heatsinks from the baseplate, so they come off with the PCB. That way you don't need to disturb the drivers, but you will need to support them to prevent stressing the pins.

A short on a data line probably wouldn't show any evidence, though I have seen the tops come off components :shock:

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Simon Peck
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Simon Peck »

Thanks again Adrian.

I don’t think anything burnt out. I’ll check the other side of the PCB after the weekend to make sure. Failing that, any other ideas?

Cheers, Simon.

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Nothing obvious.

It's getting input and power, so it looks like there's something amiss in the driver side. It'll take an oscilloscope to follow the signals to find the problem.

Happy to take a look at if if you want. PM for details.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Simon Peck

Post by Simon Peck »

Hi Adrian, can you check your PM’s? Cheers!

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

Answered :-)

Adrian.

Simon Peck

Post by Simon Peck »

Thanks to Adrian, who fixed this unit. But I now have a rather loud background humming sound which I’m pretty sure shouldn’t be there. Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Adrian Harris

Post by Adrian Harris »

My usual procedure is to remove things one at a time to see if you can locate the source of the noise.

You can get noise depending on the routing of the wiring, especially the receiver leads, so try moving them and seeing if the noise changes.

Do you get it if the amplifier module connections are run directly to the receiver and not via the MCM ?

Does it occur if you only connect one receiver lead to the MCM ?
Does it hum on one side or both ?

Adrian.

Simon Peck

Post by Simon Peck »

Hi Adrian, thanks. I’ll check in a few days time, when I’m back at base!