Sherman return rollers / wheels and M3x16mm short for dual roller

Forum for discussion relating to the Sherman.
GlenStenhouse
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 26 times

Sherman return rollers / wheels and M3x16mm short for dual roller

Post by GlenStenhouse »

I've found that the M3x16mm are fine for the single wheel roller but there's barely any thread coming through on the dual wheel roller as the flange is a lot thicker. Not even enough to get through a nut on the other side. What has everyone else fitted here? The M3x16mm with about half a turn engagement or did you go to M3x20mm?

Andy Walker
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: Sherman return rollers / wheels and M3x16mm short for dual roller

Post by Andy Walker »

I've not quite got to that point yet but found some of the other bolts are a bit short.....barely reaching the other side of the nut, so have just gone to the next length available. Its meant buying extra bolts but always useful to have extra bolts / nuts of varying sizes.

Tom Miller
Been liked: 315 times

Post by Tom Miller »

I used the 16mm and they worked OK.
Tom

GlenStenhouse

Post by GlenStenhouse »

Tom Miller wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:32 pm
I used the 16mm and they worked OK.
Tom
Thanks for the reply. I can only get them about halfway through the nut. There's no paint thickness there either.

GlenStenhouse

Post by GlenStenhouse »

Andy Walker wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:29 pm
I've not quite got to that point yet but found some of the other bolts are a bit short.....barely reaching the other side of the nut, so have just gone to the next length available. Its meant buying extra bolts but always useful to have extra bolts / nuts of varying sizes.
Thanks for the reply. I figure going to M2x20mm. I've found the front hull is varying thickness but this is to be expected front he casting process. It says to pack the screws with washers if they're too long but the lower ones don't make it through the casting at all. Easy fixes, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing a trick or had an earlier print assembly page.