Twin motor drive

Forum for discussion relating to the Universal Carrier
Dennis Jones
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 218 times

Re: Twin motor drive

Post by Dennis Jones »

Hi Derek,

I have added a 3mm spacer to the outside of the existing sprocket but haven't had time to test it yet.

Dennis.
IMG_20210721_161154.jpg

Peter Withers
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by Peter Withers »

Sorry Derek, I missed your question (family issues). The spacers are around 4mm thick but bear in mind that I have home-made sprockets too. If you are using the OEM sprockets then I'd say make the spacers thick enough to just fill the gap between the sprocket and the guides on the track links. You want it snug but not tight.

Pete

Derek Attree
Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Derek Attree »

Hi Peter and Denis
Thanks for the replies.

Regards

Derek
we must stop making stupid predictions

Peter Withers
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 48 times

Post by Peter Withers »

Further to the discussion regarding a driver (or lack of it) further up this thread I decided to find a middle ground between no driver and a doll.. er, I mean scale action figure in period correct outfit ( :D ). The pictures should need no further comment. The 'body' is balsa wood and the helmet was beaten out of a disc of steel against a wooden former and finished to shape with some body filler.

Hopefully it provides enough of an illusion of a driver. Kind of fits in with the 'jerry cans', more a suggestion of the object rather than a detailed representation.

In other news I managed to shed a track again. Turned out the rear bogies had moved, essentially pivoting upwards around the fixings which dropped the track tension considerably. I decided the M3 bolts were probably a bit small so drilled them out to M4. Definitely a lot more secure now. I also found a bug in the code that 'does' the steering which meant that after a turn, the inside track would stick at a very low speed, effectively locked in a stalled state. Fixed for now but more debugging required before I'm completely happy.

Pete
Attachments
driver 3.jpg
driver 2.jpg

John Clarke
Been liked: 1622 times

Post by John Clarke »

Looks good to me :shock: nice little seat filler, from a short distance you'd be struggling to tell the difference from a real Eddie.
Oh Man, I only ride em I don't know what makes them work,
Definatley an Anti-Social type