Spektrum DX8G2

Covering Transmitters/ receivers, wiring schematics, requests for new options, etc
Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1196 times
Been liked: 1382 times

Re: Spektrum DX8G2

Post by Adrian Harris »

> How do you find a short circuit?

Worst case, smoke. Other than that, you just have to look for wrong connections, frayed wire etc. Double check all the black wires, as having red crimp connections can sometimes fool the brain.The high power ones are blue so harder to cross connect.

It usually quicker to disconnect everything and work through it methodically.

Start by having the Power Module attached to just the Amplifier Module. Make sure you are using the correct connections and not putting power into the speaker connections. Double check the power connections before switching on. Does the Amplifier Module power up ? If it does, switch off, connect the speakers and then see if it beeps at power up. Have the volume control about half way round so you know you should hear something.

Disconnect the amplifier and connect just the Speed Control Module but not the motors. Make sure you are using the correct connections for the power. Does it power up ? Attach one motor. Does it still power up ? Attach the other motor. Does it still power up.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

Simon Peck
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Simon Peck »

Adrian, Stephen, thanks! I’ll see what I can find/do.
Aside, is it possible to remove the self centre springs on the RH stick control? Ultimately I’d like to control the tracks from the RH stick, in which case removing springs wouldn’t be necessary!
Thanks again.

Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 983 times
Been liked: 2047 times

Post by Stephen White »

Simon Peck wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:00 pm
is it possible to remove the self centre springs on the RH stick control?
Yes, dead simple. It will involve opening the transmitter, after you've removed the battery. Undo the retaining screws and open the two halves, being careful about the wiring harness. Locate the stick axis you from which you want to remove the centering spring and then locate the centering screw. Screwing this IN will remove the centering spring tension.

To adjust the stick friction and apply a ratchet, you simply use the adjusting screws which are accessible through the rear cover. You will have to remove the grips to access some. Rather than try to explain which holes do what, I suggest you check the diagrammes in the manual, here:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/demandw ... ual_EN.pdf

(Page 45 onwards)

Simon Peck
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 44 times

Post by Simon Peck »

Thanks Stephen.

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1196 times
Been liked: 1382 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

On the DX8 Gen2 you don't [glow]need[/glow] to open the transmitter. Instead, you unpeel the hand grips from the back and there are holes for accessing all the various screws.

It's shown on page 7 of the manual.

My preference would be to open it anyway, as you can then compare the screws between the two gimbals.

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module