cable drums & storage boxes

Forum for discussion relating to the 88mm Flak36
Jeffrey Goff
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 737 times

Post by Jeffrey Goff »

Hi Allan, the stars should be easy to stencil, put some masking tape on to some plastic sheet or even a plastic bottle, making sure you overlap the tape on itself, pencil in the shape, and cut out with a scalpel or knife, peel the tape off the plastic and position where you want, making sure the edges are stuck to the model, spray with paint, peel off and use again, much better than decals
regards
Jeff

Jeffrey Goff

Post by Jeffrey Goff »

On the original side brackets for the cable drums, there was a cross member set on the slant, this acted to tie the two brackets together, and also aided in the drum removal, there was also a small lever to the inside, only on one side, I have added this detail to the four sets of brackets
regards
Jeff

Jeffrey Goff

Post by Jeffrey Goff »

Hi, just an update on the build, this part has been the most time consuming so far, re modeling the side brackets, making 8 opening hinges, 16 working locking levers, 4 new steel storage bins, and widening the cable drums, with straight sides, then I go to fit them and find that the brackets on the mud guards are to low, anyway after mouthing a few silent profanities, I stripped both pairs of mudguards off and started again, it was worth the effort and I have started to mount the drums
regards
Jeff

Allan Richards
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Allan Richards »

You are certainly putting some work into this area. I am sure it will be spot on when you've completed the fitting. I'm still in the middle of wall papering so no progress on models this weekend.
Allan Richards