RNAS Yeovilton Air Day 2018

Forum for discussion and arrangements of meetings
Stephen White
Site Admin
Has liked: 983 times
Been liked: 2047 times

RNAS Yeovilton Air Day 2018

Post by Stephen White »

A relaxing and fun day at the Yeovilton Air Day. Thanks to Denny Patterson for organising it. Huge crowds, showing lots of interest, the odd aeroplane doing it's thing, sun, cakes, tea, more cakes, factor 50 sun lotion, and a perfect performance from all the tanks present. Located again under the wing of the C-17 (the most expensive sun-shade in the world), we were inundated with a constant crowd asking when the next model would run. Looking around at the various owners draped over seats in the heat, it wasn't an easy answer to give..... And there was that football match. No need to watch, the score was obvious from the voices of the sad ones who'd come to an air show to watch 22 millionaires kicking a pig's bladder around. As shows go, this is one of the most enjoyable for those in UK.
P1110105.JPG
P1110106.JPG
P1110108.JPG
Future customers
Future customers
Relaxing into the job....
Relaxing into the job....
Really relaxed.....
Really relaxed.....
After banana muffins and cream tea
After banana muffins and cream tea
Someone mention football?
Someone mention football?
Joy, reunited with an old Army aeroplane of mine.
Joy, reunited with an old Army aeroplane of mine.
Airfield attack, supported by a lone Centurion....
Airfield attack, supported by a lone Centurion....
GOPR0501-003.jpg
Centurion opens fire..
Centurion opens fire..
GOPR0501-007.jpg
GOPR0501-008.jpg
Yeovilton barrel smoke 1.jpg
Yeovilton barrel smoke 2.jpg
Yeovilton barrel smoke 3.jpg
Thanks to the team who made it such a good day.

Stephen

Daniel Scholefield
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 248 times

Re: RNAS Yeovilton Air Day 2018

Post by Daniel Scholefield »

I only showed up for the planes but it was great to see the public enthusiasm for the tanks. Also nice to see you got to sit in one of the Austers again.
DSC_0009a.jpg

DSC_0014a.jpg
Mark IV No. 35 aka. L9 Lightning III
Hetzer No 28

Adrian Harris
Has liked: 1211 times
Been liked: 1386 times

Post by Adrian Harris »

Thanks to Denny for the organisation and the rest of the team to make it such an enjoyable event.

> inundated with a constant crowd asking

It did mean that we all got a fair crack of the whip, even if it was usually wielded by little Stanley :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adrian.
Contact me at sales@armortekaddict.uk for details of my smoker fan control module

dennypatterson
Been liked: 1 time

Post by dennypatterson »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Hot, Hot a very good day out with some great "mates"thanks for all your help, was told 40,000 people came!!!!12 tanks 1 pac. and still after paying to come, they stood by a big screen to watch 22 holigans play!!!!! takes all sorts, great pics Steven, Daniel
Denny.

Steve Stuart
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 142 times

Post by Steve Stuart »

Last years event had its moment, this years was something quite different. Stanley and his older brother Arthur were an example, they were very polite and extremely persistent. With the result, I think, they managed to persuade us all to run each and every Tank seemingly several times over for their appreciation and enjoyment. It was hard work in the heat and their pleasure made it all worth while.
If their parents chance to read this then, I hope they will be happy too :D . There are other parents who on reading this would not get it all, alas.
So good on you Stan and Arthur!
Steve